• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

nVidia Vista RTM drivers out!

Chimera    0
It baffles me why nVidia continues to shoot themselves in the foot with Vista by not having either an SLI driver or a driver for the 8800 series this late in the game. **** poor.

"this late in the game" meaning 26 days before Vista is launched to the public? I don't think many businesses really uses SLI or 8800s, so nVidia have plenty of time yet. Oh, and these drivers don't work on my 7600 GS with Vista Business RTM...after the reboot I'm still using WDDM drivers.

neufuse    3,879
It baffles me why nVidia continues to shoot themselves in the foot with Vista by not having either an SLI driver or a driver for the 8800 series this late in the game. **** poor.

how late in the game is it really? seeing there is no public release of Vista yet (im talking you can buy it on new systems public) they really dont have to have it finished yet... they figure oh we got to a week before jan 30 to get the final driers to OEM's then we're ok... heck creative labs is the one REALLY dragging their feat.... nVIDIA seems to be ahead of the game...

xUnix    0

It will work on Go cards? I have a Gforce go 6200.

Does anyone know how to install on a GO 6200 machine?

Thanks,

Edited by xUnix

paesan    3

Anyone else having a problem installing the 64 bit drivers. I have a 7800gtx card. I can't get the them to install with setup or with manual driver update. Manual update says encountered a problem.

Edited by paesan

richardsim7    118
Guru3D has had these drivers for a long time. 97.52 are out now on Guru.

Aaaaaah ok :)

-Rich-

rajputwarrior    280

woo just got the rtm too, perfect timing

Cosmin    23

Perfect moment

MrBear5587    12

Has the terrible performance/artifact issues been resolved in games now? :o

ljames28    0

Artifacts yes, terrible performance, not really :(

Shaun N.    569

Praise the lord....Shame about SLi, I want to make use of my 6800's :(

jackwanders    0

this late in the game? Am I wrong in thinking that Vista isn't even available to the public yet? Nvidia's got some time to finish up those drivers.

Xab    10
how late in the game is it really? seeing there is no public release of Vista yet (im talking you can buy it on new systems public) they really dont have to have it finished yet... they figure oh we got to a week before jan 30 to get the final driers to OEM's then we're ok... heck creative labs is the one REALLY dragging their feat.... nVIDIA seems to be ahead of the game...

How late in the game is it really? Try, Vista has been in testing for the past 5 years, and in beta for basically the last year or so. They should have had these drivers long ago.

Nelsinho    3

yay, thanks for the heads up dude (Y)

Daedalus    0

These have the same version number as the ones that were posted on Guru3D ages ago! They don't seem to be an improvement at all. Guess I'll wait some more!

tao muon    0
How late in the game is it really? Try, Vista has been in testing for the past 5 years, and in beta for basically the last year or so. They should have had these drivers long ago.

Given that method of thinking- hydrogen powered cars have been in development for years so they should have affordable fuel cells and a supply infrastructure in place by now.

puhleeze

Vista's codebase has been 'finalized' for how long? ...a few weeks? How many changes do you think were made right up to RTM?

Heck, they even released a couple of builds within days after RC2. I wonder how many changes there were to the video rendering system?

I can say, in RC2, there were problems with it- every now and then my mouse pointer gets corrupted and draws a nice big black square.

This happens on both of my machines running it- one with NVidia card, the other an ATI.

+Ryster    785
Umm, I'm on 97.52 ...

You should add the x64 link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_97.46.html

Ditto. I'm on 97.52 too, I got them from laptopvideo2go a week or two ago. I don't think I'll downgrade to older drivers just for WHQL support.

I can say, in RC2, there were problems with it- every now and then my mouse pointer gets corrupted and draws a nice big black square.

This happens on both of my machines running it- one with NVidia card, the other an ATI.

What makes you think that is a problem with Vista and not the video drivers?

The video system in Vista has been finalised since about RC1 time, only minor bug fixes were changed since then.. not enough to prevent the development of drivers.

Denis W.    731

Mmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but on the other side of the graphics camp ATI's Vista Catalyst RTM drivers still don't have support for CrossFire or even OpenGL.

Just give both companies some time.

obsolete_power    0

The drivers won't work!!!! I have 2x 7600 GTs and everytime I try to install the drivers it says system hasn't been modified and that I should try the installation later. It also asks to shut down or not, what the hell is wrong with these drivers??

HeartsOfWar    28

now all we need are the nForce RTM drivers... wooohoo!

jbarcus81    5

I have 97.52 installed now.. should I go back or stay with what I have???

Ambroos    801

if you want games under vista with a 8800 you can just install the XP drivers, but you won't have aero...

astrokat    14

Are these better then the built in drivers of Vista RTM?

torrentthief    313

geforce go 6150 wont work with this:( says drivers for my hardware cant be found. grrrrrrrrrrr!

notuptome2004    164

Vistas new graphics sub system witch is what displays and runs with your drivers video and the well new interface and how it works on your 3d graphics Dx9 pipeline has been finalized and done for well since the first Vista beta or before they had all the corsponding technolagies bagged years ago it was just getting them all now inter woven in with some more of the new codebase for vista and getting the functionalty working right.

at anyrate didnt nvidia have a simuler issues with the first XP drivers as they had some game that didnt work right but the 98se drivers were fine. i am sure nvidia will fix this with updated RTM drivers after launch