• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

nVidia Vista RTM drivers out!

cpl183    1

no, i uninstalled them via hardware (or device) manager (ger?temanager in german dont know the proper word), and then i am told that a restart is needed. when i restart, vista installs his own rtm driver faster then i have a chance to say no. so i uninstall it again, without rebooting and install the new driver. the driver itself will install, and the installation process looks right so far, but at the next bootup, no control panel is showing.:((

i will try that with the driver cleaner, but how do i prevent vista to install the drivers up on the next restart? also, is there a special vista x64 driver cleaner or do they work all the same?

DrivenDaily    0

I have Vista Business x86 and have the latest nVidia drivers for my 7800GTX (100.59) i think. This is definitely the best release so far (in my opinion) but i have serious display distortion that pops up randomly for a few seconds and then disappears. Funny that it only happens when im on Word, Firefox, iTunes, or any non-game app. I play R6:Vegas, HL2 and CS:S with ZERO problems. I just have desktop problems. I used driver cleaner each time i updated but to be honest i guess I'll have to live with the randomness until they put something legit out.

Hupp    0
Check what colour-depth your outputting at, for example 16-bit? It should be 32-bit.

Edited, thanks jporter. ;)

i was at 32bit and everything was ok, but it has to be my drivers. No matter, which nvidia ones i use my computer artifacts horribly bad and ends up in a crashing cycle. The only way it is running stable anymore is in XP or in safemode w/in vista.

Malisk    142

Hmm, my system with a 8800GTS and 100.59 drivers in Vista Home Premium seem to have some problems getting back out of hibernation. :(

I suspect it's the nVidia drivers a bit, although I did such a major hardware upgrade overall that it's hard to tell for sure.

It seems it's powering up correctly, loads from drive and so on, but then sometime along the way it use to lose the video signal to the monitor and nothing more happens. It almost sounds like the system is up and running though. :(

I also have trouble with 100.59 drivers and black & white S-video (I don't in XP) TV out, identical to the symptoms reported here.

AgEnTsMiTh    0
Lack of Multi GPU makes this suck for me, I've got a 7950 X2 that I can't drop into SLI mode because of the vista drivers...

Teh Sux

Same here and I am not pleased about this. Nvidia has had plenty of time to get on the ball as well as creative with there so so drivers.