.net 2003 Server Question

Ok, I feel like a true newbie here...

I upgraded my Test Server which was running W2K Server to my copy of .NET Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (Yes Boys, Legal Copy).

Suddenly, none of my IIS Sites are working, everything comes up with 404 File not Found or the Default "Under Construction" page...

I'm feeling REALLY stupid here, but has anyone else had that issue that can share the fix with me? I've never had this problem in any other version of Windows or any IIS Version since 2.0. :p

I'm afraid at this time the server is not on the net and I'm working entirely internal LAN on it but I'll be happy to try fixes and report back their sucess rate...

Thanks,

Cara

Ok, I feel like a true newbie here...

I upgraded my Test Server which was running W2K Server to my copy of .NET Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (Yes Boys, Legal Copy).

Suddenly, none of my IIS Sites are working, everything comes up with 404 File not Found or the Default "Under Construction" page...

I'm feeling REALLY stupid here, but has anyone else had that issue that can share the fix with me? I've never had this problem in any other version of Windows or any IIS Version since 2.0. :p

I'm afraid at this time the server is not on the net and I'm working entirely internal LAN on it but I'll be happy to try fixes and report back their sucess rate...

Thanks,

Cara

IIS 6.0 is extremely locked down, you'll have to re learn seting up IIS in .NET Server 2003...

Welcome to "Trustworthly Computing".

IIS 6.0 is extremely locked down, you'll have to re learn seting up IIS in .NET Server 2003...

That is the one answer I didn't want to hear...suggestions where I can pick up a 'Fasttrack' guide to getting though the setup process?

That is the one answer I didn't want to hear...suggestions where I can pick up a 'Fasttrack' guide to getting though the setup process?

try Help and Support :)....

or... you can try Uninstalling IIS, then reinstalling it, so you have the default install, then you can try to start your IIS service.

Listen, i attempted this myself, once, and i gave up. I credit MS for doing this, but w/o GOOD Documentation you're OOL. :)

By defaut the ASP.net Service is disabled ... use the inetmgr command from start-> run to open the configuration ... if memory serves me right ... in the " Web Service Extensions" option (the one in bottom) select asp.net and click on allow ... moreover u have to allow anonymous access to the anonymous user.

Hope that fixes it.

Edited by Tariq