Would you buy the iPhone?

To buy it or not to buy it. That is the question.  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy it?

• Yes, I buy anything Apple!
    • Yes, I think it will be just what I am after.
    • Maybe, I'll have to see how good the end product turns out.
    • Maybe, but I like another brand of phone better atm.
    • No, not a first generation as they always have problems... maybe a future generation though.
    • No, I'd rather buy from a company that makes phones and only phones.
    • No, Never.

I'll be interested to see how good it is when it comes out, but Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and Motorolla won't let Apple get away with too much of a market share (that's my oppinion anyway).

it looks a interesting device but i'll see how it turns out first...

from what ive seen it doesnt have a camera or any external memory card slot?

i heard it had no backlight too, which is a bit silly really :p

edit: ok so it has a camera and a decent memory size for a phone :p but i heard it was locked to cingular or something, so dunno whats gunna happen with it in the UK :p

Edited by Colin-uk

No, maybe an iPod if they use the concept for a future iPod.

If I buy a phone it will be a phone or a smart phone maybe or something usefull.

But not a multimedia phone.

No, maybe an iPod if they use the concept for a future iPod.

If I buy a phone it will be a phone or a smart phone maybe or something usefull.

But not a multimedia phone.

this phone seems to do alot more then any smartphone and more so mmm and this is ther new Ipod as it is all built in.

The device sure is nice and temping, but no way.

Besides, I just got W950 which pretty much does all the same aside from multi-touch and some other really unneeded for me features.

I would buy it, because it IS everything I would like to have in one gadget... But, I'm on a CDMA network, so even if you could unlock it, I still can't use it :(

No, i like my cell phones to be able to be operated with one hand...there is no way possible you can use this thing one handed, it require you to look at it to do any simple function from changing the volume, send/end calls. turn on and off...to me thats a HUGE turnoff

I like to be able to reach into my pocket and adjust the volume or dismiss a call..this is not possible at all

No:

• Expensive
  • Old Technology
  • Untested Technology
  • Cingular's coverage sucks
  • Cingular's service is worse than their coverage
  • Questionable battery life
  • Low storage capacity for serious iPod use
  • Doesn't have real PDA functionality (other smartphones are lacking, too)
  • I'm skeptical about a touchscreen (don't give a **** how many patents they filed)

While watching the keynote, I was initially excited. But after putting some thought into it, this is really not a great product. It's just going to be marketed really well (something that Apple is great at) but will have serious practicality issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about the current smartphone market, but the iPhone doesn't change my stance. The one good thing that might come out of this is that it might push other smartphone manufacturers to come out with something better.

dude are you kidding it like has Accelerometer !!! .. but seriously the interface is a dream compared to other smartphone os's .. i dont want to sound like an apple fanboy .. but i cant wait :)

iam kinda worried about the sms input .. i guess i'll have to try it to believe it

this phone seems to do alot more then any smartphone and more so mmm and this is ther new Ipod as it is all built in.
Well, as Smartphone, there mush better examples already made. Something like the 1 year old Cingular 8125. It give basic support for Office documents and have a full true keyboard that don't cut the screen space.

And I don't see myself using the iphone as ipod for video, sure it have a wonderful screen etc, but only 8GB maximum space is a joke for a video player, specially if it use Quicktime .MOV movies. When I was using a Sansa, a movie in MOV was twice the size of a XviD (think 1.2GB for a full movie) on my Zen with really smaller resolution and half FPS...

I'm honestly not impressed, it's nothing new and it's expensive for what it is.

I can buy a phone (LG Chocolate), and buy a 4GB stick and it'll be cheaper than the 4GB iPhone by atleast $100 (atleast in Canada). It's too bad its not 3G too, oh well, buy it for the Apple logo :woot: LOL

If I buy it I would buy it when the 2nd revision is out. That is what apple did with the Nano Ipods. I got the first one and then they acknowledged that the glass was quite scratch prone and that they had some issues with the batteries ... Yeah yeah, I am not doing the same mistake twice. Oh yeah the price has to make sense too. I would not shell out $600 for a phone, thats for sure...

Cheers

Whilst it looks pretty and some nice tech inside, it has nothing that I really need!

In my opinion its got nothing over my Sony Ericsson W800i.....

My phone send txt's, calls people, takes very occasional photos and is used to play music as an mp3 player maybe once a week, so why would I need this iPhone thing?

My vote is no thank you..... :yes: