Would you buy the iPhone?

To buy it or not to buy it. That is the question.  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy it?

• Yes, I buy anything Apple!
    • Yes, I think it will be just what I am after.
    • Maybe, I'll have to see how good the end product turns out.
    • Maybe, but I like another brand of phone better atm.
    • No, not a first generation as they always have problems... maybe a future generation though.
    • No, I'd rather buy from a company that makes phones and only phones.
    • No, Never.

If it will develop anything like the ipod has, i will definitely get a fifth gen iphone,

maybe even a third gen if i get too impatient.

I can't stop thinking about it.

This is going to be revolutionary.

I want to get one, I really do. But a $600 US price tag is too much, far too much for my budget.

I have to wait 2 years til im out of my verizon contract.. i just spent 300 bucks getting a few lg chocolates which i now loathe lol.

maybe when i start my career in july i'll have a lot of excess cash and i'll think about paying the dumb penalties to end my contract early and make the switch as long as the iPhone get's rave reviews.. if it turns out so/so i think i can wait.

since id have to wait until q4 for it to come to europe, i think i will rather wait for a revision to get rid of any sufferings.

once that is there, i will get one. it looks like what i want, i need a new cell phone badly, infact, and i love the design.

My Answer is "Maybe, but I like another brand of phone better ATM." HTC Will Have UMPC "Ultra-Mobile PC" Phones Coming Out This year and we All know anything Apple Makes is probably going to be a big hit

Apple_iPhone.jpg

It looks pretty sweet to me, I don't really care that it's not G3 I don't have the money to constantly pay for data transfer. Having a phone with a 2MP camera and 8GB for videos and music would be exactly what I want.

If it comes to Rogers I might consider getting one, I'll probably wait for a 2nd gen or something because I'm happy with my phone right now.

lawl @ the price

iPhone or PS3 :dontgetit: ... think ill get ps3, more useful and spacious. plus i wouldnt mind if it came to it lugging round 5KG ps3 for mp3 player :dj:

even if i could get cingular service in Pennsylvania (most of the state is not covered, only in the big cities) I still wouldn't get it, personally, its too large, I'd be scared about the screen scratching up quickly... and heck my current phone does everything it does basically, besides a vew features apple added that actually innovated somewhat... but why get this when I can already do what I want to on my current high end phone

If i had the enough money to throw away on it, i would. why not? i mean i baught 2 n73's as xmas gifts. how much you think they run for? Not much a diff.

No, never, never, never

I will always leave the manufacturing and design of cellphones in the hands of Nokia (and other manufacturers). Cell phones are a lot more complicated than a MP3 player. It has taken other companies literally decades to get where they are and even then, we don't have a lot of competitors in the world AND their phones are not perfect. Think about it. Other than those major companies like Nokia, Motorola etc., we don't see a lot of random companies making cell phones. So Apple can try its best... but good luck, other than a few ditzy blondes who will drool over 4 or 8 GB of space, I doubt many people will actually get this.

Is it only me that is worried about leaving a touch screen phone everywhere and anywhere? I have my phone in my pocket all the time. Women usually have them in their purses along with a ton of other things. Similarly men can throw in keys, change, receipts etc etc. into their pockets. This will have to be made out of EXTREMELY hardy materials to be actually useful or you will have to wear one of those "cool" belts with pockets for all your apple devices (HAHAHA). I have a PDA and do I dare leave it without its case... because the screen is the most fragile part of the whole gizmo. Ah... Apple. Useless "inventions".

i use UMPC and windows mobile 5 phones now

let me say this

no 3g

built in battery (no thanks esp after a couple ipods)

8GB eh this is ok for me

there is no apps for OSX ,so even less for this phone

i will just stick by Microsoft on this one

they GUI is nice and all but i know ill be bored in 1 day after what i use my phones for i.e. Navigation, internet sharing, sync contacts online with Live service

ill pass

Edited by 1Way Jonny

About the battery, my personal feeling is that I think theyve learned by now.. And the GUI, how can you even complain about this one. Compared to any other cellphone on the market this one is actually somewhat interesting. Look at the other big brands (like S.E., Nokia, Motorola and so on) their GUI on their most expensive phones cant even compare to this.

Oh, and 'bout the fanboy comment "there is no apps for OSX ,so even less for this phone". Well, I wont even comment on this one, its just too ****ing dumb.

Looking forward to trying it out at the store. Oh, and based on the pictures and the features lists, good work Apple. Its not really innovating anything, but a great step in the right direction.

Hmmmm. I won't but it because the cost is prohibitive when you take into account that I always get free PDA/Phones on my contract each year.

However, I do see it as a desirable item, and the GUI is just to die for!