CES: Klipsch Snags 2007 CES Innovation

Klipsch CS-700 DVD Entertainment System Snags 2007 CES Innovations Award

2.1 virtual surround sound system recognized for excellence in design and engineering

INDIANAPOLIS (January 8, 2007) ? As part of the International CES Innovations 2007 Design and Engineering Awards program, the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) have recognized the Klipsch CS-700 DVD Entertainment System as being among the best designed and engineered products for 2007.

As a 2007 Innovations honoree, the CS-700 was given this prestigious accolade by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the trade press. With a record number of more than 1,000 product entries this year, product evaluations were based on the following criteria: user value, aesthetics, contributions to the quality of life as well as innovative design and qualities.

Slated for market release in April, the CS-700 is a 2.1 virtual surround sound system with a wireless subwoofer. Incorporating 60 years of audio expertise, it is designed to deliver the most powerful, most lifelike virtual surround sound performances on the market. The system?s wireless subwoofer and easy set up also make it one of the most flexible.

Additionally, the CS-700 serves as a hub for wirelessly transmitting CD-quality audio to not only its local subwoofer, but also other related Klipsch products such as the new RoomGroove Music Center. Sold separately, the RoomGroove requires no wiring beyond a power cord and has a retractable iPod? dock. Alone, each product is engineered to be a top performer in its category, but together the CS-700 and one or more RoomGroove units let users ?build? a high-performance multi-room audio system that wirelessly streams music, TV or movie sound all over the house.

Source

Not to shabby I suppose, though I really wonder how many more 2.1 systems the market can sustain; wireless feature might be catchy though.

I hate virtual surround sound. I wish one company would just admit that it's 2.1 sound but it kicks ass. Stop trying to tell me how it can simulate surround sound. I'm not dumb, I know it's not going to be even close.

..this is coming from a guy who loves Klipsch.

BangBang I'm in the same boat.

Im running the last family of products Paul Klipsch probably had any hand in creating, the Ref III lineup, and they kick arse. For AGES I have stayed away from any company that claimed "simulated surround sound" *bose* and now the company which held out on all audio BS is finally taking part in it. The wireless feature might be cool, but this over-marketed "virtual surround sound" has got to stop.

It would be important to note that Klipsch did hire couple months ago a senior Bose engineer, so heres guessing where the inspiration came from. I'm far from elated.