Sony is lying too much to portray success

This is relevant to Sony how?

Everyone knows sony lies, or manipulates the truth to suit their needs, nothing really suprising here

Because everybody singles out Sony as the only evildoer when most companies do the same thing.

How can we, when you say now that your goal has been only a million units?

Technically they met that goal of 1 million units for America out of the 2 million worldwide. What they didn't meet was other 1 million for Japan, but they came close, considering the ones in stores and still in transit. Still, their original 4 million prediction was off by around half. Sony over-estimates a lot, but most times it appears to people as if they are lying.

If MS values their damn customers then give me Windows XP SP3 before 2008 and DirectX10 on Windows XP. Companies only value customers because of their money. Sony, MS, Nintendo included.

Companies are not charity. Marketing 101 if your product brings satisfaction to the consumer they will be back and will have good opinions about the company and of course its products. (Listen sony)!!!

Companies are not charity. Marketing 101 if your product brings satisfaction to the consumer they will be back and will have good opinions about the company and of course its products. (Listen sony)!!!
Nintendo and Sony offer a free online service...

Err, DirectX 10 isn't possible on Windows XP. Not without magically turning Windows XP into Vista... which you can already do by buying it :)

Fine, then give me DirectX 9.5 and SP3 before 2008. He said MS values it's customers before everything else, I'm a paying customer. I don't want to buy another $200 OS just for the games. I don't need other features of Vista. If MS truely valued it's customers then it would better support a current product such as Windows XP instead of forcing users to upgrade to Vista.

Thanks for that obvious statement that companies aren't charities. Marketing 101 also tells some companies to corner a market and squash out all other competition, thus bringing lots of antitrust lawsuits . My point? Sony isn't the only company guilty of being bad. That other console you are playing also has their own dirty laundry.

If MS values their damn customers then give me Windows XP SP3 before 2008 and DirectX10 on Windows XP. Companies only value customers because of their money. Sony, MS, Nintendo included.

If those companies don't cater too and bend over backwards for their customer base then those very same customers don't matter too much to such a company. A business is in existance to make money. That's a given. However, Sony constantly lies to its customer base and apparently think that they're too stupid or won't notice when they make blatant contradictions about the products they're pushing to the public. I for one do not give my money to such companies. Most consumers don't. If Sony is not careful it will find itself with a very large dwindling customer base and without those people they are a footnote history. They prove over and over again that this is where they're headed.

But but Nintendo and Sony offer a free online service...

No they don't. They offer online services as value-adds to people who are already their paying customers. And while I haven't used the PSN, the Wii service is just downright terrible right now. In fact it's the most disappointing thing about the system to me.

Fine, then give me DirectX 9.5 and SP3 before 2008. He said MS values it's customers before everything else, I'm a paying customer. I don't want to buy another $200 OS just for the games. I don't need other features of Vista.

Since SP3 is just a collection of hotfixes - why do you even care? There's no point in releasing service packs too frequently since basically all the same updates are shipped out-of-band. And what is DirectX 9.5?

No they don't.
Uh yes they do. You can play games online, send messages, download content, and all that crap. That would be the definition of an online service...they are offering you services that are online.
Great I can go online now and play................ absolutely nothing. Well I have played Mario Kart for DS online but still.
Great you don't buy online games for Sony and Nintendo systems and somehow that is their fault.

Uh yes they do. You can play games online, send messages, download content, and all that crap. That would be the definition of an online service...they are offering you services that are online.

Did you only read the part of my post that you quoted?

It's not free if you have to give them money before you get it. And you can't play games on the Wii online service, most or all of the downloaded content costs money, and sending messages on the Wii is a joke (no voice support, can't retrieve them on the web, have to type with an on-screen keyboard - what's the point?)

Great you don't buy online games for Sony and Nintendo systems and somehow that is their fault.

What titles for Wii and PS3 are online if any? If there are I doubt there is one worth while yet.

It's not free if you have to give them money before you get it.
You mean the $50 for the cost of the game. And MS charging $60 for the game and $50 for the yearly service for a P2P service might I add.
And you can't play games on the Wii online service
The online Pokemon game out in Japan says what?
most or all of the downloaded content costs money
Weather, News, and Internet channels say what?
and sending messages on the Wii is a joke (no voice support, can't retrieve them on the web, have to type with an on-screen keyboard - what's the point?)
Cell phone keyboard layout and people used to typing on cell phones for text messaging say what?

What titles for Wii and PS3 are online if any? If there are I doubt there is one worth while yet.

Resistance and Motorstorm for the PS3. And about the billion people who like Pokemon for the Wii. Edited by Flux Capacitor

You mean the $50 for the cost of the game. And MS charging $60 for the game and $50 for the yearly service for a P2P service might I add.

Many MS games are $50. How much are Sony games? And no I don't mean that - I mean the cost of the system plus accessories plus games.

The online Pokemon game out in Japan says what?
"PikaCHU?" I don't know, what else would a Pokemon game say? I didn't know there was an online Wii game in Japan. I live in the US, and the last I had read, Nintendo didn't plan on having any online gaming support until March at the earliest.
Weather, News, and Internet channels say what?
Other than the downloadable web browser (which is a PREVIEW of something NOT FREE), do you really consider those to be "content?" I did say "most or all" since clearly it depends on what you consider to be "content."
Cell phone keyboard layout and people used to typing on cell phones for text messaging say what?
Cell phone keyboard layout? What does that even mean? How is pointing an infrared targetting device as a TV at all like typing on a cell phone? And cell phones are mobile and built for messaging. The Wii messaging system is just terrible. Why would I send a message over the Wii when I could just SMS/MMS someone? Or e-mail them? Why go through the trouble of sharing 16-digit MAC addresses just so that I can go into an unorganized and strange single-day calendar view to find messages?

Seriously, do you actually message people on your Wii? (other than the first week you got it maybe?) Does anybody?

Nintendo and Sony offer a free online service...

wow thier online services are not as good or as well established as Xbox Live Gold, and you have xbox live silver its upto the customers if they want gold oe not, hence more choice, no one is shoving it down your throat, just like no one is shoving a format with a cloudy future down your throat at microsoft.

wow thier online services are not as good or as well established as Xbox Live Gold, and you have xbox live silver its upto the customers if they want gold oe not, hence more choice, no one is shoving it down your throat, just like no one is shoving a format with a cloudy future down your throat at microsoft.

:yes:

Other than the downloadable web browser (which is a PREVIEW of something NOT FREE), do you really consider those to be "content?" I did say "most or all" since clearly it depends on what you consider to be "content."
The Internet Channel is a version of the Opera web browser for use on the Wii by Opera Software and Nintendo. On December 22,2006 a free beta version (promoted as a "trial version") of the browser was released. The final version of the browser will be available in March 2007 and will be free to download until the end of June that year. After this period the browser will cost 500 Wii Points to download. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Browser

about $47 an hr plus regular benefits, bonuses, free stuff and fact you work for a company that values its costumers more than anything else... :happy: :yes:

Ah, finally a company that values its' costumers more than anything else!

I hope they have made you something nice and frilly to wear around the office.. :rofl:

Ahum...

Just another comment to the discussion.

As a Wii and 360 owner, I have to agree that you just can not compare the Wii's online components to Live either. It's just being rather silly.

The Wii's is free... it has to be. They just couldn't get away with charging for it, where as I am quiting happy paying my fee for Live because it is just a far more advanced service.

And the Japanese version of Pokemon! LOL. From what I have read, it makes you register your codes all over again! Is this supposed to be an example of online gaming done right, because if it it your example sucks! ;)

4/5 of my current games are online. The best one being Resistance and it's pretty fun online. It is a multi-platform game but Call of Duty 3 is pretty good too. There will be some nice games to come out this year.

Resistance and Motorstorm for the PS3. And about the billion people who like Pokemon for the Wii.

I'll give you Resistance, but the only version of Motorstorm out now is the Japanese version WHICH COMPLETELY LACKS ONLINE PLAY...

And the line 'about the billion people who like Pokemon for the Wii'... I have to ask.. Are you on crack man!?

Wii Pokemon has bombed in Japan! Just like the GC version did!

Matie a clue for you given it now seems you are completly lacking in one...

PEOPLE HATE THE POKEMON STADIUM GAMES. The gameboy/DS versions have always sold far, far better.

I can't believe people are defending Sony so blindly. Ok, so you might like the games on PS3, fine, whatever, but when Sony has clearly lied and manipulated the truth several times, how can you possibly defend that? Oh wait, by saying "OMG MS DO THT TOO!!11", or "SOMY AINT TEH ONYL ONE!!!" which frankly is bull.

Ah, finally a company that values its' costumers more than anything else!
Our Mission and Core Values

The Microsoft corporate mission is to enable people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential. Our mission reflects our six core values, which embody our ethical approach to business and our role as a committed corporate citizen in each of the countries and communities where we operate. Our ability to deliver on our mission depends on intelligent, creative people who share these values:

? We act with integrity and honesty.

? We are passionate about our customers and partners, and about technology.

? We are open and respectful with others and dedicated to making them better.

? We are willing to take on big challenges and see them through.

? We are self-critical, questioning, and committed to personal excellence and self-improvement.

? We are accountable for commitments, results, and quality to customers, shareholders, partners, and eSource:>Source: Microsoft

I hope they have made you something nice and frilly to wear around th:rofl:ce.. :rofl:

you mean something like this?:whistle:: :whistle:

dsc00033uf1.jpg

dsc00032mu5.jpg

As much complaining that is done about Sony's negative news being pointed out in the Sony forum (as if it should be done somewhere else) it's 1,000x more ridiculous that you can take a topic about Sony lying, which is an article posted, not a Neowin user's opinion, and move it off topic with comments like "Microsoft does it too" or better yet "Sounds like the American government." Feel free to go to the Microsoft forum and post about the lies Microsoft is perpetrating and discuss it there. Or feel free to find a positive Sony article and post it here. Either way the fact that you can't even discuss the topic at hand without trying to steer it off on some tangent magnifies your insecurity about the product.