How will you be obtaining Windows Vista?

How will you be obtaining Windows Vista?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. How will you be obtaining Windows Vista?

• I'll be buying/already have bought a retail version from a high street or online store
    • I'll be buying/already have bought an OEM version from a high street or online store
    • I'll be getting/already have got a free copy from Microsoft for [insert reason here]
    • I'd rather not say
    • I'll be getting/have already got Windows Vista when I buy/bought a new computer
    • I wont be getting Windows Vista at all

Then what's the point in the 8800 in your sig?

What?.......you think I got an 8800 because of Bloatista?........ :woot: LOL!

Well......to answer your question.......I'll give 4 reasons...

1. It cost me nothing (as do all my GPU's) ;)

2. It runs all my games at awesome speed/quality.........something Bloatista fails to do incidentally! :rolleyes:

3. If your thinking the reason is DX10?........it's not..... as by the time true DX10 games arrive.....I'll have changed my GPU again by then anyway (and maybe again).

4. Bloatista can kiss my ass!........as no 'game' or 'GPU' will ever make me install that rubbish on any of my systems!

:)

I've already got it thanks to my MSDN account but don't think I'll be using it after finding out that the DoD and NSA helped Microsoft out with some parts of the security systems within Vista.

Via MSDN subscription ..

I've already got it thanks to my MSDN account but don't think I'll be using it after finding out that the DoD and NSA helped Microsoft out with some parts of the security systems within Vista.

I guess you don't want to use NT, 2000 or XP either since they helped with those also.

What?.......you think I got an 8800 because of Bloatista?........ :woot: LOL!

Well......to answer your question.......I'll give 4 reasons...

1. It cost me nothing (as do all my GPU's) ;)

2. It runs all my games at awesome speed/quality.........something Bloatista fails to do incidentally! :rolleyes:

3. If your thinking the reason is DX10?........it's not..... as by the time true DX10 games arrive.....I'll have changed my GPU again by then anyway (and maybe again).

4. Bloatista can kiss my ass!........as no 'game' or 'GPU' will ever make me install that rubbish on any of my systems!

:)

LOL that was funny.

Got the trial without the Serial from a friend. Will be buying Home Premium as soon as its available.

You do know that that still isnt legal dont you?

Vista isnt shareware

You do know that that still isnt legal dont you?

Vista isnt shareware

I was not about to spend four days worth of my wages on a product that I couldn't try first.

Microsoft will get their money, I live Vista. Perhaps Microsoft should allow people to trial Windows before they buy. Its the only way to make an educated decision about purchasing a product.

I was not about to spend four days worth of my wages on a product that I couldn't try first.

Microsoft will get their money, I live Vista. Perhaps Microsoft should allow people to trial Windows before they buy. Its the only way to make an educated decision about purchasing a product.

They will eventually put out their trial, probably one of those 180 day deals.

That is what I am waiting on. I wanna try it first, see how my system runs with it, if it slows much down since its using more memory etc...

When and if I get to try it, and its worth it, I will buy the Ultimate, probably with a new computer.

But i'm in no rush.

If I were, which currently I have no plans to, it would be via an American stockist, due to the facts, at amazon.co.uk it's twice the price compared in exchange rate with amazon.com.

I am sure a lot of American stockists will start selling it via amazon.co.uk, like they they do for music, which is much cheaper than buying from U.K. stockists or amazon.co.uk themselves.