So what programs so far are not working for you?

Installed Vista a couple of days ago. I guess I was being naive that it was going to work with everything but alas that is not so...

Bitmeter - Speeds are way off. Developer has no plans for Vista support. Too bad as I really liked this freeware app

Gene6 ftp server - service kinda screwy

Agnitum Outpost Firewall - waiting for Vista support. Really not liking Windows Firewall with Advanced Security settings

What exactly is the problem? The thumbnailer?

Well, basically once Nero is installed and you do something within it (no one knows what exactly, not even Ahead), Vista stops generating new thumbnails.

Then you have to run a .REG file to fix all video and image extentions.

If anyone has this problem, PM me, and I'll post the .REG file.

whats wrong with ad muncher? its working fine for me.

as for topic, id say SUPERAntiSpyware and Comodo Firewall.

Can you run it without disabling any of Vistas RTM (not RCs or Betas) security settings? Disabling User Access Control (UAC), Protected Mode or any other security feature to get the AdMuncher program to run correctly I would not consider "working" ... If you do have it running with all of Vistas security features active I'd love to know how since Jeff and Murray from AdMuncher have not been able to provide a solution yet.

Motorola Phone Tools

Works fine on my computer :shifty:

It took me probably about an hour or so to get it working, but I did manage eventually. Just run the updater (Start -> All Programs -> Motorola Phone Tools -> Motorola Live Update) a few times until you have the absolute latest update. I believe that's what did it for me.

Well, basically once Nero is installed and you do something within it (no one knows what exactly, not even Ahead), Vista stops generating new thumbnails.

Then you have to run a .REG file to fix all video and image extentions.

If anyone has this problem, PM me, and I'll post the .REG file.

weird. That doesn't happen to me. all my programs work with vista :D

Can you run it without disabling any of Vistas RTM (not RCs or Betas) security settings? Disabling User Access Control (UAC), Protected Mode or any other security feature to get the AdMuncher program to run correctly I would not consider "working" ... If you do have it running with all of Vistas security features active I'd love to know how since Jeff and Murray from AdMuncher have not been able to provide a solution yet.

when u phrase like that its no wonder it runs for me. i disable UAC :D

Once Jeff and Murray correct the problem I'll start recommending AdMucher again as it was a really great program. You just shouldn't be required to disable stuff on your computer to get it running right.

Funny thing is the UAC has had some good effects on my sons computer that has the parental controls enabled. For instance if he needs a setting changed to access a site or other tweaks to the parental controls I can update the settings from his standard account with UAC enabled. If UAC is disabled I have to log out of his standard account and log into my administrator account to be able to make the changes to the parental control settings.

An intesting look at UAC. But its an hour long.

http://www.microsoft.com/emea/itsshowtime/...spx?videoid=360

As requested, I'll link the .REG file to restore thumbnail generation. It is not necessary to uninstall Nero, but the problem will reoccur, so keep this file in your PC.

Link

Ok good to know!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if "unlocker" works with vista? and what is it about Nero 6 that doesn't work? Thanks!

I have not tried either program as of yet and i don't want to go through the trouble of installing if someone already knows

Adobe Photoshop (breaks Aero, doesn't load properly)

Quicktime (breaks Aero)

Logitech LCD Manager (works but crashes often)

What version of photoshop do you have? I have read that CS2 works fine.

Edited by Mike Coscia

Autocad 2006 will run only after vista tells me that there are compataility issues and after I run it in compatability mode.

This is a huge let down because all versions of Autocad ran fine on the last two Beta versions of Vista.

Autodesk is of corse not giving support for Vista.

:angry: