ZyXEL's Prestige 660 series & NetGear RangeMax 240 Wireless Ro

Hi,

Here in North Carolina and have the ZyXEL's Prestige 660 series and the NetGear RANGEMAX 240 WIRELESS ROUTER.

Our ISP is Embraq. Under WAN set-up the mode is on Routing on the ADSL Modem and I'm always wondering if Bridge mode would fix it. I'm new to this and I need help. It takes FOREVER to go and check my mail and it sometimes displays connection has been reset in FireFox and even sometimes the ADSL Modem resets and we're having to wait 20sec. or so for the Internet light to blink back on. Yes... I do use Bittorrent and Ares but I always close when done downloading and I rarely use those App's anyways.

What could be causing this? Firewall is turned off on the Router and the Router Auto detected the setting for connection. The ADSL Modem does require log-in but just one time. "IF" we reset the Modem we have to go through with the provided CD and set everything back up and re-input the Info.

Please help.

And how do you have your netgear connected to yoru ZyXel?? Sure sounds like your double natting.. If you already have a nat device, ie your 660 gateway (modem router combo)..

You need to use your netgear as just a access point.. Or turn your 660 into just a modem (bridgemode).. But you will have take care to what device is going to log into your ISP, will the zyxel still support that if in bridge mode - or is netgear able to do it then?

http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/wireless-...cess-point.html

How to Use a Wireless Router as a Wireless Access Point

Your best bet would be to must use your wireless router as an access point, and use your 660 to control inbound traffic, dhcp, ISP login, etc..

Ok, I did as noted on the link you provided but I didn't get around to try to inputting bridge node to the modem. I did however reconfigure the router to an access point but the comps with Wireless Adapter had no Internet. Could it be that I didn't configure the modem to bridge mode? I reseted the modem due to there was not Internet connection. When reset the login password is changed and I have no Idea what the password is. Tried "Password and Admin"

Where did I say you needed to do BOTH????

"You need to use your netgear as just a access point.. Or turn your 660 into just a modem (bridgemode).."

You have 2 devices doing NAT.. This is never a good idea.. But if you turn your router into an access point, then you would NOT turn on bridgemode on your gateway.

From what part of the instructions I linked too does it mention turning on bridge mode in your gateway???

WATF would you reset anything anyway??

Get your 660 working.. Then following the instructions on how to use your netgear as an access point.. Any 8 year old that can read the english language should be able to follow the instructions given..

I wasn't saying I needed to do both. I tried the first option by setting up the router as an access port but the computers with wireless connections didn't have any Internet access Available. But good side is no Info. was reset on the modem just the Login password was reset and I can easily GOOGLE and find an answer.

And what IP were you using for your Gateway on your machines? Could you ping your 660??

What did you change the LAN IP of your netgear too.. its quite possible it is the same as your 660's LAN IP -- this would of course break everything.. This would of been step 5 of the instructions.

5. Set the LAN IP address of the wireless router so it is compatible with your existing network. For example, if your current network uses the 192.168.1.x network, then make sure the wireless router is on the same network. Different companies use different LAN numbers such as 192.168.0.x or 192.168.2.x. We need the wireless router to function on the existing network. Give it an IP address that is easy to remember. For example, if your current wired router is 192.168.0.1, then you can give the wireless router 192.168.0.2 which is only one number away from the wired router number (which you probably already know by heart).

From the quickstart guides of both of those pieces of hardware - they default the lan IP to 192.168.1.1 -- so yes if you connected the LAN of the netgear to your 660 (accesspoint type setup) without changing its LAN IP.. your not getting to the internet!

And would also explain why you have such a bitch of time with your double nat.. You got a 192.168.1.1 on both sides of your router -- its gateway on its wan side would be 192.168.1.1 and its own lan interface IP would be 192.168.1.1 <--- what is wrong with that ;)

Without some details of what you have done, how your connected -- stating your internet does work is useless information.. It gives us nothing to work with on what you did wrong.

Ok, I think everything is ok but things still seem a little slow but I'm just seeing if everything loads correctly like... Images loading as they should, Videos and web pages loading as from what I've seen from just the modem being directly connected to my PC. It's just all confusing for me. I'm no expert on networking but my field is towards troubleshooting with spyware and such.