XBOX360 HDD Change Mod

I've seen pictures of the dashboard wtih the bigger HDD, but not sure where I saw it, but I still don't believe it myself.

Dev Kits have 80 and 120gb hdds. They can also run games and unsigned code off the HDD itself.

I highly doubt you can DD...

i hold a challenge to ANYBODY here.

Mod your xbox360 and get a video camera. Put it on a tripod, a book, whatever you have to and FILM your television. Then load up your xbox360 and flip through the menus and show us your hard drive. Then put a piece of paper saying either your username or the word "Neowin" and i will forever be a strong believer in your posts.

until i see video proof, i am a strong disbeliever..

i hold a challenge to ANYBODY here.

Mod your xbox360 and get a video camera. Put it on a tripod, a book, whatever you have to and FILM your television. Then load up your xbox360 and flip through the menus and show us your hard drive. Then put a piece of paper saying either your username or the word "Neowin" and i will forever be a strong believer in your posts.

until i see video proof, i am a strong disbeliever..

291246264_38b8c2cc82.jpg

it is a dev kit...look at the "Microsoft" logo next to it. Only official drives will have the logo and read properly.

Since the OP has not posted since people have asked for proof, it's safe to say he is wrong. Until HE posts a screenshot, this is all a lie.

If he can do it, why isn't it posted on xbox hacking websites?

291246264_38b8c2cc82.jpg

lol.. you got owned :) nice try to pass that off as your own.

now your gonna say you wern't, just showing a picture that it's possible.. thats why you didn't post a comment, cause it could go either way.

(Y)(Y) no reason to post that and quote me at the same time...

it is a dev kit...look at the "Microsoft" logo next to it. Only official drives will have the logo and read properly.

Since the OP has not posted since people have asked for proof, it's safe to say he is wrong. Until HE posts a screenshot, this is all a lie.

If he can do it, why isn't it posted on xbox hacking websites?

Actually if you were to put a different HDD it will still be considered official since it is using the Microsoft connection on the Xbox 360 to connect with the harddrive. Also don't forget if you ghost your HDD you will have the Microsoft.PNG.

the firmware in the 360 has the HD capped off

the firmware inside the 360 is the same as the shipping firmware, they have a separate bank for the updates that get drawn ontop the original and sits in the memory... until MS updates the patch for firm to reflect larger HD it wont...

and yes the story and the start up PNG is true as well

screen shots would asjust my thinking

Actually if you were to put a different HDD it will still be considered official since it is using the Microsoft connection on the Xbox 360 to connect with the harddrive. Also don't forget if you ghost your HDD you will have the Microsoft.PNG.

just not the hash check :whistle:

lol.. you got owned :) nice try to pass that off as your own.

now your gonna say you wern't, just showing a picture that it's possible.. thats why you didn't post a comment, cause it could go either way.

(Y)(Y) no reason to post that and quote me at the same time...

LOLL

You're a FOOL!!!

Its obviously from Gizmodo... look at the URL.

LOLL

You're a FOOL!!!

Its obviously from Gizmodo... look at the URL.

how was i to know? sure i could of right clicked and checked.. but you quote me about PROVING bigger hard drives.. then you show a picture, without any comments about it..

what exactly was i suppost to expect from that? you quote me about proving it.. post a picture, and expect me instantly know it's from a different source... get real

Looks like Hitachi drives will not work, and DD doesn't work. Ghost + Partition Magic. PM complains that the filesystem is unknown though.

For those people who want a picture, I will take a picture of the 40Gb Later tonight.

I have found that Samsung drives (or the same brand HDD) works. Time to put the 160Gb as an external drive!

The Xbox360 seems to either have a problem with the brand (the firmware on the drive?) or the size of the HDD.

i never said i wanted picture proof.. i wanted video evidence of someone changing pages, and browsing there dashboard. you can slant the camera if you don't want your gametag leaked on the net.. or just put a piece of paper over the tv screen.

i just want some proof... something more then a picture, they are too easily photoshopped

zOMG NO WAI, awesome screenshot! Screenshots = concrete proof!!! darrhhh :rofl:

I'm actually interested in finding out if Un-Dead Soldier is telling us the truth. I still won't believe him until I see a nice little VIDEO

I have seen this done before a while ago, many people have done it, the highest I have seen is a 250gig. I tihnk it voids the warrenty on your drive though.. you think :p ;).

I have seen this done before a while ago, many people have done it, the highest I have seen is a 250gig. I tihnk it voids the warrenty on your drive though.. you think :p ;).

But if they found out how to do this, the hacker community wouldn't buy loads of "Connectivity Kits" to transfer data from and to their computers would they?

Well actually I feel a little retarded right now... don't mind what I'm saying. I can only speculate.

250GB pales in comparison to my rig.

ftw.JPG

-Spenser

But if they found out how to do this, the hacker community wouldn't buy loads of "Connectivity Kits" to transfer data from and to their computers would they?

Well actually I feel a little retarded right now... don't mind what I'm saying. I can only speculate.

I would! As I said, people don't want to void their HDD warranty's, which changing the HDD to a different one does.

EDIT: 700th Post :pc:!

250GB pales in comparison to my rig.

ftw.JPG

-Spenser

Poor attempt there :ermm: , the screenshot is the same as someone elses previously in the thread :s. Except, you copied and pasted the extra 7 :p. Pointing out the obvious there ?

I would! As I said, people don't want to void their HDD warranty's, which changing the HDD to a different one does.

EDIT: 700th Post :pc:!

Poor attempt there :ermm: , the screenshot is the same as someone elses previously in the thread :s. Except, you copied and pasted the extra 7 :p. Pointing out the obvious there ?

I didn't copy anything :shiftyninja:

-Spenser