How 'well' does Vista run on your laptop?

Yesterday i installed a vista ultimate and it runs well on my Pentium M 1.7, 1.24GB RAM and 40GB. I hate the UAC so disabled it and sidebar is quite pretty but the news view is too small, so disable it too. then install google desktop. Sigh that, i have multiple RSS feeds but the google desktop wont change the each channel. So anyone can recommend me a good RSS reader which can do stick on desktop like sidebar?

• 3 weeks later...

Compaq Presario C310ea with the following Specs:

Intel Core Solo 1.6Ghz

1GB RAM

80GB Sata HDD

So far very happy with the performance, especially with Aero Glass (not as smooth as my monster desktop, but good enough). Not sure about battery life yet though....

Runs like an Alca-sezter melting down in a glass of Yogurt in my Presario V2000 :pinch:

AMD Turion 64 1.56Ghz 1.25 GB DDR ATI Mobility Express X200

But it runs like a mad Carrera GT in my girl's Gateway MX-6958 Windows Vista Capable -though :shiftyninja:

Specs:

Intel Centrino Duo T2300 1.66Ghz 1024 MB DDR Ram Intel Graphics

Asus W2J

Core Duo 2.0 Ghz

2GB Ram

ATI Mobility Radeon x1600

Running Vista Ultimate absolutely perfectly (the only problem is the volume controls don't work, which are hooked into realteks driver), battery life is maybe 5% less than under XP

Does the bluetooth work on the ASUS notebook?

HP Tablet PC TC1100

Pentium M - 1.0Ghz

1Gb Ram

60 Gb Hitachi HDD 7200rpm

GeForce 4 Go 420 32MB

HP W500 a/b/g Wireless

Gets a 1.0 in total due to gaming graphics. I only use it for meetings and when I'm on my work travels and it quite happily chugs along. The biggest problem has been trying to find drivers as the modified modern drivers don't work only the original XP ones. Also the on board SD card reader doesn't work with the drivers I've found so I can't use it for ReadyBoost.

Other than that I am pleased at how it has coped, just wish HP would release modern version!

dv9030us here, specs @ the end of the post.

Well, it runs great, Virtual PC 2007 runs faster. I haven't tried any game, but I'll install LOTR BFME2 ROTW as soon as i have time.

• 3 weeks later...

Specs:

Dell XPS M1210

Core 2 Duo T7200 @ 2 GHZ

2 GB of DDR2-667 RAM

GeForce Go 7400

100 GB HD

It runs Vista Ultimate x86 quite well. I had to shut off SuperFetch on the laptop as the HD was grinding way too damn excessively on startup. Occasionally Flip3D and other Aero effects lag when lots of windows are on display, but that's to be expected.

Attached is the .HTA file with my WEI score. If I update my graphic drivers, I might get a score of 3.3.

On the other hand, XP is a speed demon and appropriate for the games I play on the desktop. Vista will remain for work; XP for games. The drivers for Vista aren't optimized yet; weird hitches kept occuring when I tried CS Source in Vista.

Dell_XPS_Specs.zip