Colts or Bears?

Colts or Bears?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your pick for Super Bowl 41?

• Indianapolis Colts
    • Chicago Bears

I pick the Springfield Illinois girls' choir.

I don't think the Colts will win this. Every single time they start playing decent ball they always pull that signature Colts move and screw it all up. They should be proud thought. Their first SB since 1970.

I'm going with the Bears, for obvious reasons. Now, on to Grossman. I really, really wish people would lay off of him. He's played in what 24 regular season games in his career to this point. For an intents and purposes this was his "rookie" season. He had a passer rating of 73.9 for the season with 23 TDs to 20 INTs.

Peyton Manning on the other hand had a stellar 71.2 rating his first year with 26 TDs and 28 INTs. Good thing they gave up on that bum.

Brett Favre in his SECOND full season had a 72.2 rating with 19 TDs and 24 INTs. What a loser.

How about Drew Brees who everyone viewed as the better QB on the field Sunday, he had ratings of 76.9 and 67.5 his first two seasons.

The Sports Guy just wrote an article about the mentality of fans and media these days and it was pretty spot on about the need to build things up just to enjoy ripping them down. Is Grossman going to be as good as Manning, Favre, Brees, etc. Probably not, but he probably won't be a complete bust either. And if he can take them this far while "sucking" his first year, imagine if he does become half-way decent.

Lets not pretend that this season was Rex's rookie year (Peyton didn't have 3 years to practice with the big boys before starting)...and lets also not compare Rex to Peyton Manning. Peyton has gaudy numbers and will own every passing record by the time her retires (possibly a Super Bowl or two also). Rex is lucky he wasn't yanked for the next guy and is the equivalent of Trent Dilfer on the 2000 Ravens. His just is to just not turn the ball over and let the defense and running game take care of the rest. Rex Grossman is the cockiest do-nothing QB in the NFL. If his defense wasn't so terrific then he's riding the pine and sitting at home this time of the year.

Btw...my pick is the Colts :D

Rooting for the Bears.

Lovie first African-American coach to win a ring.

ugh...i can't believe people here are even saying **** like that.

I'm so sick of hearing about the whole black head coach thing...to make it even worse the Steelers just got a black head coach so now we'll never hear the end of it.

Who cares what color they are as long as they can coach?

ugh...i can't believe people here are even saying **** like that.

I'm so sick of hearing about the whole black head coach thing...to make it even worse the Steelers just got a black head coach so now we'll never hear the end of it.

Woo cares what color they are as long as they can coach?

haha and its the white dudes in the media making the fuss. Would these guys rather be remembered as a "Great Head Coach" or a "Great Black Head Coach"?

dont really have a preference on who wins... I suppose being an Eagles fan I can root for the Bears to represent the NFC.... but i also believe the Colts are going to win just because Manning finds a way to win... either way .. should be a good game...cant wait for the commericals... i heard some guy got a company to "donate" the 2,5 million for 30 sec of commercial so he can propose.

I'm going with the Bears, for obvious reasons. Now, on to Grossman. I really, really wish people would lay off of him. He's played in what 24 regular season games in his career to this point. For an intents and purposes this was his "rookie" season. He had a passer rating of 73.9 for the season with 23 TDs to 20 INTs.

Peyton Manning on the other hand had a stellar 71.2 rating his first year with 26 TDs and 28 INTs. Good thing they gave up on that bum.

Brett Favre in his SECOND full season had a 72.2 rating with 19 TDs and 24 INTs. What a loser.

How about Drew Brees who everyone viewed as the better QB on the field Sunday, he had ratings of 76.9 and 67.5 his first two seasons.

The Sports Guy just wrote an article about the mentality of fans and media these days and it was pretty spot on about the need to build things up just to enjoy ripping them down. Is Grossman going to be as good as Manning, Favre, Brees, etc. Probably not, but he probably won't be a complete bust either. And if he can take them this far while "sucking" his first year, imagine if he does become half-way decent.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rex is a good QB, or at least good enough, but a lot of people (and it's probably mostly the media's fault like you say) are making him out to be the second coming and he's not. At least not yet. I guess I differ from what you say about fan mentality in that I haven't built Rex Grossman up just to tear him down - everyone else did that for me, and since I don't follow Pro football much, I had high expectations for him considering what I've heard, and he didn't deliver in the few Bears games I have watched. I still stand by what I say in that he's lucky the rest of the team is amazing at what they do.

-Spenser

I wasn't comparing Grossman to Manning or Favre. I was simply stating that even the greatest QBs have struggles. Sure this wasn't Grossman's FIRST season, and Manning didn't have THREE seasons to play with the big boys. But how much can you really play or practice with the big boys if you can't even be on the practice field with an ACL injury or a broken ankle. What I was simply stating is that he's still relatively young and plays a position that almost nobody is great at from the start. All the media types say you can only learn so much from holding a clipboard or watching game film but until you are actually out there you don't know how fast the game actually is. He played in 2 or 3 games at the end of his official rookie year, then started 2 or 3 more at the start of the next season and got hurt. Misses a whole year and gets hurt in the preseason of last year, and has to rehab again for a whole year. You can't learn much about reading defenses and picking up blitzes while you have to build up strength in your legs and walk, etc.

Keep in mind now that Tank Johnson will be playing in the Super Bowl...he might just pull out a glock and take Peyton out of the game. :laugh:

Look out for Jones and Benson this game, perfect mix of finesse and power against a defense that didn't do too well against the run with the exception of a few playoff games.

Keep in mind now that Tank Johnson will be playing in the Super Bowl...he might just pull out a glock and take Peyton out of the game. :laugh:

:rofl:

Attempted murder aside, I'm still gonna go with the Colts. (Y)