Halo 3 Beta

seems to be a 30 minute thing, got the "you will be notified" email at 5:59pm EST and at 6:28pm EST I got the "you have been selected to participate" email. Someone earlier said it was a 30 minute difference for him too.

I wanna know who didn't get in, apparently everyone so far has gotten in :/

What do you mean everyone so far has gotten in, have you read the thread?

it's been 3 hours since i got my "you will be notified" email, and i still haven't heard any different.

:happy: :yes:

If you have been selected to participate, you will receive an email notification within the next two days.

for those dissapointed and who wanted to get into the beta just buy Crackdown :cool:

im pretty sure it wont be that bad of a game and plus you get into the Halo 3 beta. I bet all us UK-ers will be doing that.

its not been confirmed that anyone hasn't gotten in yet, of course i've read the thread, on this forum, on gamefaqs, the story on digg etc.

theres no way of knowing (for sure) that you haven't gotten in yet.

Greetings Halo? Nation and thanks for your interest in participating in the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta.

Phase one registration is now closed. If you have been selected to participate, you will receive an email notification within the next two days.

For those of you that didn't make it in - fret not as this phase one was just the first of three ways to secure entry into the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta. The next two paths of entry are:

Qualifying over Xbox Live? via the "Rule of Three" program in early February

Purchasing marked packages of the upcoming game CrackdownTM, which hits store shelves in North America on Feb. 20

To find out more about these opportunities visit halo3.com for detailed information.

We hope this provides additional clarity on this phase of entry into the Halo 3 multiplayer public beta. See you online!

Waa, I didn't make i:(:( ( well I have a feeling I didn':/:/ )

**EDIT**

Hey I have a question, are they going to mail us beta discs or give us a serial and input the serial in XBL Market Place and download it?

Edited by BlackShadow

Waa, I didn't make it :( ( well I have a feeling I didn't :/ )

**EDIT**

Hey I have a question, are they going to mail us beta discs or give us a serial and input the serial in XBL Market Place and download it?

you'll get a serial number that looks like a windows cd key that you can redeem from the XBLMP, it will allows you to d/l a beta file that will be updated several times during the beta. :happy: :yes:

its not been confirmed that anyone hasn't gotten in yet, of course i've read the thread, on this forum, on gamefaqs, the story on digg etc.

theres no way of knowing (for sure) that you haven't gotten in yet.

True, you still need to do the 3 hours thing on Halo 2

I also got the first email but not the second. Taking that as a big No.

I cannot recall if the Halo Beta did it as well, but I know I do remember that the Shadowrun Beta asked how many hours you play in a normal week.

I finally just realized and I am now convinced that I need to start lying on these Beta questionnaires, and not be honest in how many hours I play a week. That has to work against me, as I usually answer truthfully and say only 5-10 hours a week.

From now on, I am saying I play up to 40 hours a week. See if that makes a difference. :rofl:

I didn't get the second one either, DirtyLarry. I'm freakin' out here! Two of my XBL friends got in and I played almost every Halo 2 game with them! I better make it in. :angry:

I didn't get the second one either, DirtyLarry. I'm freakin' out here! Two of my XBL friends got in and I played almost every Halo 2 game with them! I better make it in. :angry:

AFAIK, this was a random selection from the pool of people that entered...

-Spenser

yeah i was honest on the hours put in, i only play about an hour a night so whatever that worked out to on the survey.

you need to realize how many people applied? waaaay more than they were going to pick, I also didn't submit mine until 2 weeks ago.

its a random selection from a huge database i think regardless of hours, time submitted, etc. you were put in that list, maybe more hours had a higher probability but guaranteed not enough to actually make a huge difference