Halo 3 Beta

I know :( it's because we (Australia) are such a tiny market, many companies just don't really care.

Per capita we are the biggest. But we still get **** like 5 months after the rest of them.

Is there any chance I could have an access key (That none of you will use)? I got the email saying "Phase one registration is now closed. If you have been selected to participate, you will receive an email notification within the next two days," but I never got the next email ~_~...

Is there any chance I could have an access key (That none of you will use)? I got the email saying "Phase one registration is now closed. If you have been selected to participate, you will receive an email notification within the next two days," but I never got the next email ~_~...

Well you weren't selected in phase one then :pinch:

I think I was supposed to be in.

I'm European, and participated in one of those sign ups in an European site.

It says I won there, but I have no email yet.

Maybe they don't give out notifications but I'm sure they will send you a legit CD Key.

Another catch is the Gamertag which I used to sign up for the contest is... Suspended? (Atleast is what it says when I try to login with my X360)

Don't know if they will still send me the email.

Oh well, there is always Crackdown.

i wish i would have gotten in, if any of you EU people that got a code would like to give it to me (pawwease?)...gotta try as i dont think i want to spend $60 for crackdown

I really don't think they should have done a beta, I think it's going to spoil the game in many ways, though I guess it will also make it better in many ways. I defiantly don't want to play the beta, I am waiting for full release.

Well I'm just saying. For those of you who can't use the keys, please donate to those never selected.. :[ I've been waiting for Halo 3 since the day after halo 2 came out...

Well I'm just saying. For those of you who can't use the keys, please donate to those never selected.. :[ I've been waiting for Halo 3 since the day after halo 2 came out...

Good Idea. I also say people who cannot use their keys for whatever reason donate them to other members as well.

However, and I know you are not going to like to hear this, I would also say those people who cannot use them should consider giving those keys to members of this community based on how long they have been here, and/or their post count, and/or how active they are in this gamers section, and/or their seniority like you know, perhaps their favorite Moderator. :laugh:

Sorry Ian, but someone with just two posts who just joined Neowin to ask for a Halo Beta key is probably the last person on the list here who is deserving of any extra Beta keys. ;) Just like all other communities, and I am not saying it is right or not, but the simple truth is you have to pay your dues.

well, im buying crackdown because i've played the damn demo like 10 times so far. It's my relaxation after work. That and Shadowrun beta are the only things I've been playing lately. So if I win a copy of Crackdown, it's coming with halo 3 invite....or if i buy crackdown it's coming with a halo 3 invite. Win/Win if you ask me :D.

If I somehow get two, I will throw one your way.

If I somehow get two, I will throw one your way.

Cool man thanks. ;)

I do plan on going to pre-order Crackdown this week or the week after, as just like you I am absolutely loving it, so chances are I will get an invite with it.

What if I rent Crackdown and download the Halo 3 Demo and then return the game?

You get a beta invitation from specially-marked retail boxes of Crackdown.

You get a beta invitation from specially-marked retail boxes of Crackdown.

What he means is, do you use the disk or is it a scratch off code--if its scratch off then I doubt renting it will get to it unless your "naughty".

I wasn't aware it wasn't known here, but for the Crackdown disc, the code comes off the actual DVD - you need to have the DVD in the drive to download the beta, but I'm sure they have a way of knowing if a DVD has been used to download a beta or not so it's not like 8 different people will be able to rent the same disc and all get the beta.

-Spenser