Halo 3 Beta

Pre-order crackdown awhile back. Cant wait to play it. Ive been needing another free-roam sandbox game for a long time. Last good one I remember was GTA: Vice City. And hopefully I will have been it by the type the H3 beta rolls out so I dont have to divy my time.

I wasn't aware it wasn't known here, but for the Crackdown disc, the code comes off the actual DVD - you need to have the DVD in the drive to download the beta, but I'm sure they have a way of knowing if a DVD has been used to download a beta or not so it's not like 8 different people will be able to rent the same disc and all get the beta.

-Spenser

Where was that said? I figured it would be a code for the MS Connect site or something.

I'm sure that the rental places won't be getting the discs containing the code.

Oh, and for those of you thinking that the beta is included on the disc, it's downloaded through Xbox Live. So all you'll be getting, no matter how you get into the beta, is some sort of code to validate you. And I'm guessing MGS would be smart enough to not distribute the Crackdown discs with the code to rental services. That would be stupid.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I know I'm bringing this up from the dead, but meh.. Didn't get the email of the 2nd try and I tried so hard to get in both times. I waited till the site just opened to register on the 2nd time and still didn't make it.. zzz I don't want to buy CD just for halo 3 beta... !_!

Well, I know I'm bringing this up from the dead, but meh.. Didn't get the email of the 2nd try and I tried so hard to get in both times. I waited till the site just opened to register on the 2nd time and still didn't make it.. zzz I don't want to buy CD just for halo 3 beta... !_!

Then don't. Your life isn't going to end because you don't get to play an unfinished version of a game that's probably going to be far less stellar than people are making it out to be (when the beta starts and a flood of b****ing and moaning starts because of expectations set too high, you'll see what I mean). That's not to say Halo won't be stellar, but this is just an unfinished part of it.

-Spenser

im sorry to say this, and its been said before. and yes i know about it really because ive played 1 and 2 for hours (at least 200) because my friend is obsessed but i dont see the huge deal. its overrated and honestly is just another fps with alien graphics slapped on. and the game was WAYYY too short

Then don't. Your life isn't going to end because you don't get to play an unfinished version of a game that's probably going to be far less stellar than people are making it out to be (when the beta starts and a flood of b****ing and moaning starts because of expectations set too high, you'll see what I mean). That's not to say Halo won't be stellar, but this is just an unfinished part of it.

-Spenser

Yea, unfortunately, you're absolutely correct. More likely than not, there will be countless threads all over the internet (and here on Neowin) about how the beta isn't up to snuff and that it isn't as great as it's been hyped to be, etc etc. For those that understand what a Beta is, this may not be the case, but the vast majority of casual gamers that will definitely get a chance to play the Beta as this may or may not be their main game of choice, they will probably be sorely disappointed.

i got in and didnt have to buy crappy crackdown.

Except it's not crappy. :rolleyes:

I got in by buying Crackdown, but the Halo 3 beta was just the plus to me. I was going to buy Crackdown anyway, and I made the right choice in doing so. :happy: