New technology in march?

Hey guys, im about to spend ?1200 max on a TV, and i was thinking that im getting the tv in march along with my ps3 so i was wondering if any new sets will be out then with all the whistles and bells...like 1080p, fast response time...hdmi 1.3...good contrast ratio.

so does anyone here know of any good sets due march? i am in the UK and have seen a few sets in stroes but they dont quite meet my standards because if im going to spend so damn much on a tv i want it to last a bit right?

anyways should i get one in march or buy a cheaper smaller set and hold out till new sets arrive?

thanks, Cammy

It's almost March so wait ;)

If you go to the store you will find tons of 1080P sets. Based on your price you could find quite a few models. I'm not an expert on the latest response times and HDMI 1.3, so someone else can elaborate, but I would first check out the major manufacturers and what they are up to with their 2007 lineup by doing some Google searches. Check out reviews, and last of all, just use your own eyes! That's the best tool. Just make sure to check settings and the quality feed so you know what you are supposed to be looking at.

Newer sets won't hit store shelves til April and May.

ah thanks, thats what i mean basically...i dont wanna spend all that on a set just to see that next month its 400 quid cheaper and a new better version is out...

btw...i went in all the big stores and checked out all the 1080p sets, stupidly enough NONE of the stores had the sets showing high def content and heres an even better story...this made me laugh so much at the time... a sales person came up to me and said "picture qualitys great isnt it" and i replied "no, its worse because its a sd signal on a hd tv"

and the guy got all flustered and tried to say i was wrong...and i just stood and laughed to myself for a min, mostly because of my cheeky reply to him.

anyways, anyone got any more info ? like what quality sets will be hitting the UK come april/may?

thanks, cammy

Like I tell every one else, jump in. You can wait and wait, but there will always be something better coming down the road. Eventually, you just have to bite the bullet and buy.

yeah thats the problem with technology, you could buy one today and then tomorrow something better for the same price comes along, same could happen if you wait...you wait 2/3 month and get one, then the next month something better comes along and this will always be the way!

i say just jump in their and get one :) id try looking around on the web and then search for reviews on them once you find a few models you like :)

hey guys, yeah basically all i wanna do is get a brand new model, like one thats just hit the shops...so i will feel happy that it will last a while instead of me buying a model thats been out for 6 months just to find out its updated version comes out a short while after i got it.

if you get me?

Ok, i have been thinking about this one for a while...i want to take the plunge but like i say i dont want getting it to find something better comes out anyways im after a Toshiba 42WLT66, i can pick one up for roughly ?800, im going down to currys to ask them to let me see HD content on it...to see with my own eyes what its like and if i dont mind any little problems it has when playing games.

does anyone have any thoughts on that model? i read a few "professional" reviews on it...but they all say it displays in 1080i.....but isnt it 1080p? 1920 x 1080? that is 1080p right?

anyways any help is awesome :DD

Like I tell every one else, jump in. You can wait and wait, but there will always be something better coming down the road. Eventually, you just have to bite the bullet and buy.

Ya know that comment is so true and so bitter sweet.

One reason why I hate evolving technology :wacko:

does anyone have any thoughts on that model? i read a few "professional" reviews on it...but they all say it displays in 1080i.....but isnt it 1080p? 1920 x 1080? that is 1080p right?

1920x1080 can also be 1080i. The i is for interlaced scan (tubes) and the p is for progressive scan(LCD, etc.).

From http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2...-42in-LCD-TV/p1

There?s debate on whether a 720p or 1080i signal gives you better quality, due to the interlacing on the latter ? however, since an LCD panel is progressive in nature, the TV will de-interlace the signal and the image viewed will be 1080p.