Vista OEM @ Newegg!

$199 for Ultimate? Does Vista not cost as much as previously stated, or is there that big a gap between OEM and retail prices?

cant u see microsoft wanna charge you for a box!

lets say I buy a vista OEM package

my motherboard breaks

am I screwed?

No, you will still be able to activate it by phone and the notion I'm getting is that even with OEM you can replace the whole computer (or do a significant hardware upgrade), but only once.

I have another question though.

Vista Ultimate Retail comes with both x86 and x64 versions, right?

Can you run both (dual-boot) at the same time on the same computer? Or is it like, unistall 32 bit first, only then install x64?

No, you will still be able to activate it by phone and the notion I'm getting is that even with OEM you can replace the whole computer (or do a significant hardware upgrade), but only once.

I have another question though.

Vista Ultimate Retail comes with both x86 and x64 versions, right?

Can you run both (dual-boot) at the same time on the same computer? Or is it like, unistall 32 bit first, only then install x64?

I really don't think that's the case. i read you will only be able to do this with the retail version. OEm is suppose to be sold to PC builders so theyy can sell it with their PC just like Dell. If the end user changes the PC why would you be able to use the OEM disk? The PC manufacturer is suppose to provide support fr the PC so I doubt you will be able to activate it on another PC.

Unfortunately OEM copies won't get the same liberties. These installations of Vista will still be restricted to only one transferal or one major upgrade to your machine.

http://apcmag.com/node/4347

I'm still pretty positive that even with OEM, I will be able to perform one transferal to a new machine (after, of course, having the previous installation removed) or doing one major hardware upgrade.