Boot Sector Virus

Ok, I have a new copy of Windows XP Home. It's the upgrade version. Anyway, I was installing it on hard drives that were just "erased" using DBAN. As it's installing the setup files, I get an error that says "Boot sector write VIRUS: continue Y/N?" Well, I clicked NO and then I get this error "An unexpected error (32769) occurred at line 5218 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c" Then it goes on to say "Setup has detected multiple disks in your machine that are indistinguishable or detected raw disks. Setup has corrected the problem, a reboot is required." So I reboot and get the same virus warning again. This time I click YES and am now installing Windows XP. I'm just curious, what is this virus and error all about? I've never gotten anything like it before. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks!

Ok, I have a new copy of Windows XP Home. It's the upgrade version. Anyway, I was installing it on hard drives that were just "erased" using DBAN. As it's installing the setup files, I get an error that says "Boot sector write VIRUS: continue Y/N?" Well, I clicked NO and then I get this error "An unexpected error (32769) occurred at line 5218 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c" Then it goes on to say "Setup has detected multiple disks in your machine that are indistinguishable or detected raw disks. Setup has corrected the problem, a reboot is required." So I reboot and get the same virus warning again. This time I click YES and am now installing Windows XP. I'm just curious, what is this virus and error all about? I've never gotten anything like it before. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks!

sounds like a BIOS feature that is trying to protect you by warning you about writes to certain system areas. is this an older motherboard? you could disable this feature in the BIOS or update the BIOS.