When will you Upgrade to Vista?

Whenever I get the money, so within the next few months

I won't be in the near future, however, soon as I have some spare cash, will be buying a couple of premium issues, or 1 premium and 1 ultimate.

When i read some people still prefer Windows 98se I just found that to be nothing but craziness, Now i feel exactly why they still use windows 98, cause if you are in your late 20's , your life is good, you no longer care about have biggest E-Penis by getting the latest and coolest software hardware, then, you tend to stick what just works and try to focus other important things in your life .

could not of said it better myelf, i just love XP and everything runs perfect....i was on the vista betas so have been using it however my system just runs XP like a dream

(sys specs: AMD FX55 1gb-ram nvidia 6600gt)

tho vista runs on my system with a rating of 4.2 i still get the feeling that xp runs faster IMO

Will not "upgrade", but will end up with it on the next system we buy.

You don't have to buy a new system with vista on it, you can point out that you want a new system without vista or the difference between a machine with vista or without taken off the system cost.

Someone in the UK had a run-in with dell over this kind of argumant and won their case.

Should be upto you what ops you have if none when you buy a new system as it's forcing you to have an ops you don't want.

^^^ I wasn't complaining about lack of options or being "forced". Was simply stating that our PCs with XP are just fine, but when we get a new one, it will likely be a bundle that has Vista pre-installed.

i have/havent... i'm running on a mates MSDN version as i want to but my own version when i upgrade my PC within a few months hopefully...

I've already had Vista on my system for a while, since it went RTM. Since then I have reverted back to XP Pro. The only switching I'll be doing is over to OS X once I can get my hands on a Mac.

I've read too many articles about Vista and personally don't jive with the whole "Microsoft had some help from DoD and NSA" on the security front.

already did.

posting with vista home premium on my mac :)

runs really well.

rating is 4.5 with a pretty well driver support.

already ordered the xbox 360 wireless controller for windows and play&charge bundle to enjoy it in xp, vista and os x (inofficial drivers and setup app)

-fm

Two weeks ago. All the programs I use installed without any problems and I haven't notice any problems when using them. After using Vista for two weeks I don't think I can stand XP's look anymore.

I won't be even considering it until at least 2008, when XP support is dropped, and then if Linux is "ready" will probably switch over. I don't like the stuff I've heard about the content protection build directly into the kernel.