Best modded drivers for Audigy 2 ZS

As we all know Creative's drivers suck. Im wondering what are the best updated yet modded drivers avaliable for a Audigy 2 ZS? I want to upgrade them because games (for example Quake 4) don't detect that my card is EAX capable nor is it surround sound configured (which it is and I have 7.1).

Anyone?

That's a rather harsh statement, and, in my own humble opinion, flatly untrue. I've had no issues with Creative's drivers, for either XP or Vista.

Also, as far as the XP drivers, if you're going to run a modded-driver set, I prefer the PAX-Fi Audigy driver set for XP (includes some parts of the X-Fi application set, along with an A2ZS to A4Pro softmod).

So far, I have *not* seen a solid A2ZS to X-Fi softmod.

• 3 weeks later...
That's a rather harsh statement, and, in my own humble opinion, flatly untrue. I've had no issues with Creative's drivers, for either XP or Vista.

Also, as far as the XP drivers, if you're going to run a modded-driver set, I prefer the PAX-Fi Audigy driver set for XP (includes some parts of the X-Fi application set, along with an A2ZS to A4Pro softmod).

So far, I have *not* seen a solid A2ZS to X-Fi softmod.

Creative's drivers suck. Period. Does Q4 detect on your system EAX?

• 2 weeks later...
Creative's drivers suck. Period. Does Q4 detect on your system EAX?

If you are talking about in Vista, no, and it isn't supposed to.

EAX support in Vista plain and simply *is not there*, and is not going to BE there...and it's not Creative's fault.

The audio stack in Vista is such that EAX support in gaming (in fact, *all* EAX support except Environmental Audio) is strictly software-only. This affects not just the X-Fi, but all the way back to the original Audigy. DirectSound/DirectSound3D still works, and OpenAL still works (in fact, both work like they are supposed to; with the X-Fi, the Audigy 2/4, even the base Audigy); however, EAX is pretty much DOA (however, EAX Environmental Audio still works, and is still usable; however, it has to be set either via the Creative Audio Console or an application that can access it, such as Creative MediaSource for Vista).

I agree; lack of EAX support is a pain (I have an Audigy 2 ZS Gamer, so I got hit even harder than you). However, I am NOT going to shoot the messenger when it's not the messenger's fault.