[UK]any BT Broadband User here?

Anyone who using BT Total Broadband in here?

Is it good ?

i m thinking to apply it soon, what you guys who using or used it before think it is?

Please give me advise and comment.

i've been with bt for 3years aswell now and i wouldn't even consider another isp. service has been flawless (in 3yrs i've never had loss of service) and their security features are great.

if you do join, get a router from them- that way, you won't need to install a singe piece of software on your pc/laptop so you won't loose any performance either :D

I'm not the owner of the line, but I find their service horrible.

#1 I got a USB modem, *shudder* (Been replaced with our own router though.).

#2 There was a period when I randomly got disconnected several times a day, and/or remained offline for minutes to hours. This has been resolved through many phone calls to their poor customer service line.

#3 Poor customer service.

#4 Horrendously expensive. I keep on pointing out cheaper deals which either offer more or the same for less.

#5 Cap.

I'm not the owner of the line, but I find their service horrible.

#1 I got a USB modem, *shudder* (Been replaced with our own router though.).

#2 There was a period when I randomly got disconnected several times a day, and/or remained offline for minutes to hours. This has been resolved through many phone calls to their poor customer service line.

#3 Poor customer service.

#4 Horrendously expensive. I keep on pointing out cheaper deals which either offer more or the same for less.

#5 Cap.

+1. Couple of my clients also have the same problems with BT.

Well the USB Modem is not issued any more it is the Home Hub although generally it is ?2 more you do get alot more for the money. It is ?22.99 for the first 6 months and by then it may of come down, that is why I am thinking of going with them.

With BT Broadband myself, service is excellent - been with them for 4 years.

I do go over the bandwidth cap occasionally, but they have never contacted me.

Radish?

With BT Broadband myself, service is excellent - been with them for 4 years.

I do go over the bandwidth cap occasionally, but they have never contacted me.

Radish?

How many bandwidth usages you a month?

I am using about 60GB - 90GB a month. I m have no idea how i use that much but it say i use that much.

Is it because i m leaving the internet on 24hours/7 days? I m totally dont have clue how they calculated the bandwidth. But i m sure i didnt download that much stuff every months.

There customer service is rediculously bad. Unless of course you speak punjabi, and it probally won't be much better... Morons.

As far as service goes, I get knocked off every now and again, mainly because I live 10.5KM away from an exchange. There the only broadband provider that can reach me, thus the only one I've had, so I can't really pass comment on wheter their service is great.

my experience with BT has beena complete and utter nightmare, connection drops, massive drops in speed (one day im on 6mb then i drop with no reason down to 2mb) customer service is total crap, (based in india) ans they dont understand

Yeah, the customer service is crap. you always get transferred to some incompetent plebs in India. Thr broadband itself is excellent. Much better than what you get with Sky, and others offering 'free' broadband.

The router we were sent is very good. Easily configurable and so on.

They really don't care about bandwidth. I'm on a 40gb plan, and usually d/l about 60-70gb per month. Never heard from them.

Make sure you ask for the 6-months rebate deal when you order it over the phone.

Yeah, the customer service is crap. you always get transferred to some incompetent plebs in India. Thr broadband itself is excellent. Much better than what you get with Sky, and others offering 'free' broadband.

The router we were sent is very good. Easily configurable and so on.

They really don't care about bandwidth. I'm on a 40gb plan, and usually d/l about 60-70gb per month. Never heard from them.

Make sure you ask for the 6-months rebate deal when you order it over the phone.

My ISP for me now is even more horrible , my internet is total worst than 56K, not just download, even having problem browsing websites, ridiculous bad services, i can only use the internet at night midnight to 8am, beside that , the internet is like 26K speed. i have been suffering like this 3 months and i cannot stand like this anymore.

i think i m going for BT option 3 unlimited, hope i m going for the right one. i m really dont like changing ISP.

I've heard from BT when I go over the cap. Not sure how often we go over, but there have been a few times where we get emails informing us we're near the end, and then another to say we have passed our limit. I think we have 20GB/month.

I've heard from BT when I go over the cap. Not sure how often we go over, but there have been a few times where we get emails informing us we're near the end, and then another to say we have passed our limit. I think we have 20GB/month.

but on the packages it say unlimited.

but on the packages it say unlimited.

Theyve recently changed their usage limits.

http://www.btopenworld.com/broadbandusage_holding

I'm on bt broadband, had no problems with them so far they do use traffic shaping though perticualy on p2p i've had torrents only hitting 20kb/s in evenings only to jump right up come midnight.

The homehub was useless so using my own router, i get a 7.6mbit sync and my ip profile is 6.5mbit but i live close to the exchange.

I've only ever contacted support via email and as others have said im not 100% sure they actually know what they are doing, they told me i was on business broadband at first when i asked what my usage limit was (i got told unlimited on the phone but that was before it actually went unlimited so i wanted to check)

Its worth noting i work for BT

Best advice i can give is to read reviews, ask people who are on each isp what they think of the service and then makeup your own mind.

broadband option 3 is the most expensive, but had no bandwidth cap on it. although the bt home hub you get with it, does suck a lot. really bad. although you dont need to install any other software if you dont want to with it.

But yes, the customer service does suck. and the customer service advisors are pillocks, i should know. i worked with a lot of them pillocks. www.bt.com for more info.

although, MAKE SURE YOU GET A MAC (migration authorisation code)! otherwise you will be down for a fair few days. with a mac code you will get the service within 5 working days of ordering it. without, takes 2 weeks to remove the marker ISP's leave on the line.

im on option 3 myself, the BT hub isnt that great, neither is the hub phone (crappy reception). but its still ?150 worth of free equipment, can sell it on ebay. but you do get free evening and weekend calls with the hub phone. if you go with bt, id recommend you buy a seperate router. as the home hub is appaulling. drops connections a lot, and also likes to stop working properly (most popular one is it will mess the DNS up, and you need to reset the router. then occasionally it wont just load up the internet.)

the broadband and the speeds themselves are very good, even at the high price. but i would really recommend different hardware.

:))

Edited by Phil1208

broadband option 3 is the most expensive, but had no bandwidth cap on it. although the bt home hub you get with it, does suck a lot. really bad. although you dont need to install any other software if you dont want to with it.

But yes, the customer service does suck. and the customer service advisors are pillocks, i should know. i worked with a lot of them pillocks. www.bt.com for more info.

although, MAKE SURE YOU GET A MAC (migration authorisation code)! otherwise you will be down for a fair few days. with a mac code you will get the service within 5 working days of ordering it. without, takes 2 weeks to remove the marker ISP's leave on the line.

im on option 3 myself, the BT hub isnt that great, neither is the hub phone (crappy reception). but its still ?150 worth of free equipment, can sell it on ebay. but you do get free evening and weekend calls with the hub phone. if you go with bt, id recommend you buy a seperate router. as the home hub is appaulling. drops connections a lot, and also likes to stop working properly (most popular one is it will mess the DNS up, and you need to reset the router. then occasionally it wont just load up the internet.)

the broadband and the speeds themselves are very good, even at the high price. but i would really recommend different hardware.

:))

Thats great , i m using a BT wireless router bought from my existing ISP so i great i can use them on BT broadband now. so there shouldnt be any big problem for me then.:DD

I m asking the MAC code now , but once i got the MAC code and tell my existing ISP cancel the bill will i got disconnect immediately or or i should just ask for the MAC code first then tell them i m cancelling the bill later?

id get the mac code, cancle it. then ring BT straight away, they will take the mac code from you and sort it out. should be quicker that way. Baring in mind it was a while ago when i worked for them, might have changed. but it was just brought into play as i left.

just get the mac code first either way, otherwise you will find once you have ended service with your current ISP, they wont be so willing to give you the mac code.

id get the mac code, cancle it. then ring BT straight away, they will take the mac code from you and sort it out. should be quicker that way. Baring in mind it was a while ago when i worked for them, might have changed. but it was just brought into play as i left.

just get the mac code first either way, otherwise you will find once you have ended service with your current ISP, they wont be so willing to give you the mac code.

im not the guy who ring the ISP , its my landlord ring them which he is not living in the same house as me. and my house has phone line but we dont have a telephone at all (lol), we all using our own mobile. so i can only do the order on the internet.

what will happen once my landlord get the mac code ? does my current ISP discount my internet immediately? if then how i order and input mac code on the internet?

you would need to ring an advisor im afraid with the MAC code, its a free phone number though. its the 0800 800 150 number. as to how fast your ISP would cut your service off. depends on the ISP. and their terms and conditions as to how much notice they require and such. if your landlord is ordering it and such, he will need to give a BT advisor the MAC code. last i checked it couldnt be done online with one, but i may be wrong. il try find out for you

you would need to ring an advisor im afraid with the MAC code, its a free phone number though. its the 0800 800 150 number. as to how fast your ISP would cut your service off. depends on the ISP. and their terms and conditions as to how much notice they require and such. if your landlord is ordering it and such, he will need to give a BT advisor the MAC code. last i checked it couldnt be done online with one, but i may be wrong. il try find out for you

Couldnt be done in here?

http://www.broadbandswitch.bt.com/

http://www.broadbandswitch.bt.com/switchnow.html