5.1 System

At the moment, I have an amp plugged into my TV via white and red leads. I have 4 massive speakers plugged into my amp.

I want ot get a 5.1 system but I do not want to pay loads of money. Something like computer 5.1 system speakers, however, PC speakers don't have the red and white speaker cables do they? most of them have the 5 cables, green, pink blue etc.

Or can they do red and white cables?

If you have 4 speakers, why not just build on that? Get a center and a sub and an amp capable of 5.1 and you're set. Then you simply run digital coax or fiber optic from your cable/sat box to the receiver and you're done.

MY current speakers are way too big for my room so I need smaller ones

If you are after some great speakers that are small and not high in cost look at the Logitech X530 cost about $100 and will run great off a $30 sound card for 5.1 ( or you can run it just as a 2.1)

• 8 months later...

Hey

I'm new to this thing and im still deciding whether i should get the Logitech X530 5.1 sound system

I need one for my room, but i have no computer. I was hoping that there would be an adapter of some sort that would put all three cables into the one so i can use it on my mp3 and cd player

I have thought of the 2.1 but id prefer a bigger system

If you don't have a clue then do u recommend any speakers that would work in my situation

Kai