Vista Drivers

Thnx, those drivers adds the 5.1 speakers (at last), beside other things that were missing, but now the bundle programs dont work with this driver, so anyone know a bass booster? or knows is those programs will be updated?

Edit: mic boost still missing.

Did you get rear speakers working with those or not? Mine for example still work only with Foobar's stero to 4 channel plugin..

For some reason my Catalyst control center says it doesn't work with my version of drivers. I have the latest version of the Catalyst drivers dunno why it says that. I guess i'll try to uninstall re-install them.

Also, is there version of the creative surround mixer for vista yet?

NVIDIA is committed to supporting Microsoft Windows Vista on current and previous GPU generations. It's important to us that you have an excellent experience through the Vista transition, and driver development is the highest priority in our company.

We are working diligently to make sure we achieve and maintain the level of driver quality and reliability that NVIDIA is known for. Over the coming weeks NVIDIA and our partners, along with the industry, will continue to update Windows Vista drivers to ensure maximum performance on 3D applications and add feature support.

Windows Vista 32-bit

ForceWare Release 100

Version: 100.65

Release Date: February 20, 2007

WHQL Driver

For those of you that are using Windows Vista and experiencing any problems, we've set up a website for bug reporting ? http://www.nvidia.com/vistaqualityassurance. Our product managers will be reviewing this information daily and will be contacting users to help resolve any issues they might be experiencing.

Release Highlights:

* WHQL Certified driver for GeForce 8800, GeForce 7 series, and GeForce 6 series GPUs

* Beta driver for NVIDIA SLI? support for GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS GPUs

* This driver supports the following features:

o Single GPU support

+ DirectX 9 support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

+ DirectX 10 support for GeForce 8800 GPUs

+ OpenGL support for GeForce 6/7/8 series GPUs

o NVIDIA SLI support

+ DirectX 9 support for GeForce 8800 GPUs

+ OpenGL support for GeForce 8800 GPUs

* DirectX 9 and OpenGL NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs and DirectX 10 NVIDIA SLI support for GeForce 8800 GPUs will be available in a future driver

* If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers for Windows Vista, please subscribe to the newsletter

* Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, and known compatibility issues

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.65.html

Yep, its working, the test works too

Well, when I test mine it also works. But when I start to play music or videos, the sound goes only through the front pair. The rear pair is silent.

For some reason my Catalyst control center says it doesn't work with my version of drivers. I have the latest version of the Catalyst drivers dunno why it says that. I guess i'll try to uninstall re-install them.

Also, is there version of the creative surround mixer for vista yet?

Seems not

Well, when I test mine it also works. But when I start to play music or videos, the sound goes only through the front pair. The rear pair is silent.

Just tested it, every speaker is working with music and videos.

Random, but does anyone know a way of making Sony digital8 cameras stream via usb in vista? It worked perfectly vis, firewire until the camera developed a fault. So I used a usb which works in XP on my partners comp. But vista doesn't recognise it. And of course, sony hasn't released any vista drivers for the camera.

got my catalyst drivers working properly, i had to do a custom install to verify the actual drivers were being loaded.

I'm goin to work on my sound drivers tonight. it's hard for me to make a solid call on the sound quality and so forth as i dn't have my 5.1 setup at this time.

Naturally when I find other drivers posted throughout the forum, I will steal them and post them here :p

Just keeping the thread up to date.

AMD Catalyst 7.2 Released Feb. 21, 2007

This release note provides information on the latest posting of AMD's industry leading software suite, Catalyst?. This particular software suite updates both the AMD Display Driver (version 8.342), and the Catalyst? Control Center (version 7.2). This unified driver has been further enhanced to provide the highest level of power, performance, and reliability. The AMD Catalyst? software suite is the ultimate in performance and stability.

Catalyst? 7.2 introduces a brand new version of the Catalyst? Control Center for WiThe new Catalyst? Control Center delivers a number of significant enhancements:cements:

* Significant performance gains; Catalyst? Control Center start-up time has been substantially reduced, and overall responsiveness has improved.

* Reduced system resource usage

* New 3D preview which significantly improves the ability for users to understand the benefits of enabling the many Catalyst? features of their ATI Radeon? graphics accelerator

* Increased stability

* Native 32 andPerformance Improvements: Improvements:

Open GL performance improves for all ATI Radeon? X1000 series products. Gains of up to 25% in Doom 3, 48% in Quake 4 and 21% in Prey can be seen on a variety of ATI Radeon? X1000 cards. These performance gains are noticed under the Windows Vista operating system.

Full release notes: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2...eDownload DriverDownload Driver: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Quoted from Tantawi from this thread.

May I recommend that the first post be updated with links from the replies here? It's rather difficult to manually go through a thread looking for a name - and IPB doesn't (not yet at any rate) have a "Search in this thread" feature....

:)

May I recommend that the first post be updated with links from the replies here? It's rather difficult to manually go through a thread looking for a name - and IPB doesn't (not yet at any rate) have a "Search in this thread" feature....

:)

Yes it does, it's right above the page links on the bottom of the thread.

so is it safe to say the poor driver support for my audigy 2 zs is causing my wmp issues and slow down..... im gonna try those kx dirvers tonite, and if its stil bad ill be using my onboard sound on my p4c800-E dlx....

also an update on the R340 EPSON printer driver for vista...

EPSON R340 VISTA DRIVERS

finally

I have not only the same sound card (Audigy 2 ZS Gamer LE) but the same motherboard (P4C800E-Deluxe). I'm using the current Creative beta ZS drivers with no issues (Vista Ultimate x86/Enterprise x86 dual-boot). Why doesn't your ZS work? Audio works, TV tuners work (both ATI AIW 9700 Pro and HDTV Wonder, though I had to go with BeyondTV 4.6.0 to use both of them), printer (HP DeskJet 940C), even webcam (Logitech Communicate STX). PCI slot usage (top to bottom): empty slot-> Audigy 2 ZS-> empty slot-> HDTV Wonder-> empty slot. No IRQ conflicts, all cards have adequate cooling and spacing, and there is no audio cable kinkage.

This may be getting a little old, but has anyone managed to get music and videos playing through both front and rear speakers without any additional plugins used on any sound card.

I have a creative SB live 24bit and an internal Sigmatel HD. both of them play sound only through the front pair, even though the sound control panel tests were passed.

As it has been already mentioned here usually music and videos are in stereo and not surround sound. So if anyone has any concrete solutions (step by step if you will) please share...

I cant find Vista drivers for my Abit NF7-S v2.0 nForce 2 mainboard, and my Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 soundcard :(

Can anyone help me?

You can get them at creative.com

Oh really? nVIDIA nForce drivers at Creative.com, eh? :boo: Good one.

You won't find SB Live! 5.1 drivers for Vista, they don't exist. The Live! 24-bit is the oldest card supported so far. As far as I can tell the reason why is that it's the same chipset as the Audigy Value/SE/LS, the 5.1 is an older "unsupported" chipset.

Oh really? nVIDIA nForce drivers at Creative.com, eh? :boo: Good one.

You won't find SB Live! 5.1 drivers for Vista, they don't exist. The Live! 24-bit is the oldest card supported so far. As far as I can tell the reason why is that it's the same chipset as the Audigy Value/SE/LS, the 5.1 is an older "unsupported" chipset.

I meant for his SB 5.1 card, but since there aren't any, sorry if I confused you. My mistake

I found a WMP54G (Linksys wireless card) (4.1 and v4.0) x64 driver for Vista and 64bit XP. (Linksys only has the 32 bit vista driver available)

Wirelesss Adapter drivers: http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/me...message.id=2699

Worked perfectly my system Vista x64 Ultimate. The driver is actually the ralink driver (the card is based on the ralink chipset). You can get the original ralink drivers here, http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Windows.html but it is a lot easier to just use the zip because it only has the sys files and not the ralink installer stuff (the ralink installer failed for me).

Edited by FuzionMonkey

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that wants to have Aero Glass running on an Intel 915 chipset. I've been reading everywhere and some people have had success getting it to run by forcing the Intel Lakeport drivers (which came in pre-RC builds). Is there anyone that can post those in a zip file?

I've been looking for them everywhere but I can't find them

New Nvidia drivers coming soon:

Dear NVIDIA Customer,

On behalf of the NVIDIA Vista Quality Assurance team, we would like to thank you for your participation and assistance in improving our products.

We are writing to let you know that there will be a new Windows Vista Beta driver release available to download from NVIDIA in the next few days. This is a new driver which will support GeForce 6, 7 and 8 series graphics boards; it does not support GeForce Go mobile GPUs. Please continue to check with your notebook manufacturer for a new driver for GeForce Go GPUs. GeForce FX users should continue to use the v96.85 driver.

The Vista Quality Assurance homepage has up to the date information on when the driver will be available to download, so please continue to check this website: http://www.nvidia.com/object/vistaqualityassurance.html.

Here is a summary of new features and bug fixes this new driver addresses:

New Features

* GeForce 7 series SLI support

* GeForce 6 series SLI support

* GeForce 7950 GX2 support (both GPUs are now operational)

Key Bug Fixes

* Improved OpenGL performance

* Improved NVIDIA SLI performance at high resolutions

* Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires Vista User Account Control

* Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero enabled

* Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display

* HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart

* Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not getting applied.

* Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

* Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control Panel.

* Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby

* Call of Duty 2 has no performance gain when SLI is enabled

* Madden NFL 07 while playing the screen will freeze, but the game will continue to run and you hear the in-game sounds.

General application compatibility fixes

* Products Supported

* GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS

* GeForce 7 series

* GeForce 6 series

When the driver is available, please view the driver Release Notes for a full list of bugs fixed, known driver issues, products supported, and operating system and application limitations. NVIDIA will continue to provide new drivers that will fix more known driver issues.