Zune Phone Coming soon?

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/02/01/zune-phone-coming-soon/

CrunchGear has some exclusive info on a Zune-enabled phone coming from Microsoft later this year. Hot on the heels of Vista, we can?t be sure if this is a software addition to their current mobile line up or an actual device, but now that they?re in the race with the Zune itself, it makes sense they?ll try to beat the iPhone at its own game. More details to come but check out CrunchGear for full details.

I did wonder how long it would be until MS wanted to plan this...

Nice implied statement there: omg ms copied of apple's iphone.

Yes...because we all know that apple was the first company to stick a media player into the phone....oh and yes the first company to make phones have address books and SMS etc.

The iphone will never be able to beat windows mobile, until apple cuts the price and allows 3rd party software.

I did wonder how long it would be until MS wanted to plan this...

Maybe the iPhone is an incentive but dont forget just how long MS has been releasing windows products (software) for phones for many years. Its a logical step.

I recall in the 90's Microsoft actually did release a phone of some sort. Nothing fancy and it was a one of if I recall correctly.

I don't understand why it would have Zune branding, espically seeing as for phones MS uses Windows Mobile for Smartphone...

Neither, unless of course they are aiming this at an do it all media device rather than a phone first.

Maybe the iPhone is an incentive but dont forget just how long MS has been releasing windows products (software) for phones for many years. Its a logical step.

I recall in the 90's Microsoft actually did release a phone of some sort. Nothing fancy and it was a one of if I recall correctly.

The original Orange SPVs (In the UK at least) were co-produced by Microsoft I think.

Well I have a 1GB memory stick in my cell phone filled up with music.

I'm running on Windows Mobile (includes WMP)

Does that mean I already have a Zune Phone :p

Oh Microsoft!! Dont do this, you know you cant pull an xbox360 on this one and what will happen to Windows Mobile 6 ?

of course MS will follow. there is too much money to make with this new technology

Its not exactly new though is it.

The only thing Apple have done is stuck a multitouch screen on and OSX on. The whole concept has been around and in use for many years.

Microsoft will most probably not manufacture this. Looking at all the partner relationships they have, its probably going to be a company like Samsung that will manufacture this for them. Interesting though.

I think the picture is fake.

I bet someone just took a Zune picture and removed the controll buttons and replaced them with the control button from the iPhone to make it look like an iPhone.