Vista Wireless is connected, but gadgets say disconnected

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me out on this issue, did a search on the board and couldnt find anything, so i apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.

Been using Vista ultimate for about a week now, and everything has been running great, however i ran into a problem over the weekend as pointed out in the attached image.

post-201482-1170690887_thumb.jpg

Even though my wireless network card is connected, and I can access the Internet, sidebar gadgets always show as being disconnected. I have already tried the following things to try and fix this problem:

- Tried several different wireless gadgets to confirm that any one specific gadget was not causing the problem

- rebooted windows several times, no effect

- restarted sidebar.exe several times, no effect

- deleted and re-entered all of my wireless network connection information (WEP/WPA keys), no effect

- deleted and reinstalled my wireless network card from device manager (intel pro/wireless 3945abg, stock vista drivers)

Note that this hasn't hurt my wireless network at all, everything seems to be working fine, just no way to quickly glance at status.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

tankster