How many of you switched back to XP?

218 members have voted

1. 1. Have you switched back?

• Yes
    • No

I did. Having SLI 8800GTX, i don't want to wait till the end of this year for drivers from Nvidia and Creative in order to get full performance. If I do so it will be wasted huge of money. Vista is not ready, nor companies are ready with the drivers. A lot of things bothers me in Vista...simply OS is crappy out of the box. You have to do tweaking and adjustment in order to get everything as should be.

Aside from the look of Vista, I don't particularly like it.... I am seriously considering switching back. I know I won't be putting Vista on my laptop (at least not for a while).

Well I think the biggest issue people are having is with the damn lazy manufacturers who would rather sit on their ass eating pizza pops rather than getting the device drivers out there now that people are spending upwards of $550 for the new operating system. They bought their hardware, bought the new OS now the least there lazy bastards can do is work day and night so they can satisfy their customers. I think they should forget about family and home life for a month and release proper, stable drivers already!!

*Cough* nvidia *Cough*. I hate nvidia right now. They released new drivers with working SLi for their new 8800 series and left the other people in the dust saying a driver will be released in the future.....Sons of bitches, burn in hell nvidia!

I haven't I am pleased so far so good with running Vista on my laptop and am in the process of migrating my desktop to vista for good.

Any problems I have ran into are due to lazy companies that have had plenty of time to get drivers working. So some of my older hardware is unsupported and some high end hardware doesn't work due to drivers.

Other then that I am pleased with Vista thus far

im currently pending, have made the switch but i also installed xp on a small partition just incase, but at the moment it seems vista is winning for me, some games are faster.

I switched back over to windows xp mce 2005, just until i get myself some more ram.. But i still use vista at work 5 days a week.. :)

Edit: I got no problems with my ATI x700 video, and i don't got any problems with the Soundblaster Audgy 4 soundcard or even my wintv pvr-150 mce kit.. :)

Edited by Sn4k36

I did. Having SLI 8800GTX, i don't want to wait till the end of this year for drivers from Nvidia and Creative in order to get full performance. If I do so it will be wasted huge of money. Vista is not ready, nor companies are ready with the drivers. A lot of things bothers me in Vista...simply OS is crappy out of the box. You have to do tweaking and adjustment in order to get everything as should be.

Staying with Vista. Havent had any problems including BF2142, BF2, etc.

There's no way I'm switching back. I really like vista so far apart from some of the niggles with certain programs like nero not working properly.

Why do you need nero anyways? vista comes with build in cd/dvd burning software..

But if i had to choose burning software i just use VSO software.. which isn't bulkie, like nero

I switched back to Pro. Only reason is due to my lack of funds for another gig of ram. Other than that Vista is cool and all, after I disable much of the eye candy (windows fading in and out etc...) Aero is cool. The flip, most useless app ever. They should have made something much more like on a Mac when it scales all open windows down to a fair size on the screen.

Anyways, Pro for now and Vista down the road.

I have said bye-bye to XP for good and I have been using Vista since Microsoft sent it out to beta testers despite all the driver issues. I think it is a great operating system with alot of potential so we'll have to wait and see. Now regarding the security holes.....I have gotten used to the fact that windows has never been entirely safe and it will never be. I don't think an operating system should be put down because some boob discovers a hole that would affect maybe 0l.1% of the Vista users....

I switched back to Pro. Only reason is due to my lack of funds for another gig of ram. Other than that Vista is cool and all, after I disable much of the eye candy (windows fading in and out etc...) Aero is cool. The flip, most useless app ever. They should have made something much more like on a Mac when it scales all open windows down to a fair size on the screen.

Anyways, Pro for now and Vista down the road.

you do realize vistas Aero has no to little impact on performance so shutting that stuff down wont really make things any faster per say. pearsonly i love the new interface and i love the technologies that went in to making it possible and that run under windows vista, as for the Flip 3d i find it very useful easy to access my Apps i have open.

I was close to going back to XP Media Center 2005 because Nebula Electronics (DigiTV) have yet to release Vista software for their freeview tuners. Luckily a friend persuaded me to try some BDA drivers in Vista, which allows it to work with Vista media center. I'm more then happy now, and await some decent Audigy 2 drivers from creative (did I just say decent?).

Vista is far more smoother and nippier to use then XP. File transfer/install operations are much noticeably faster too.

Edited by Kainz

Im sticking with XP till things get better.

I believe when SP1 comes out as well as stable drivers (I have a nvidia 6600GT and a creative audigy) I might switch permanently.