• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

How many of you switched back to XP?

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

stereopixels    23

I'm dual-booting with XP and Vista; only because I need XP for some stuff I do at Uni, which isn't currently supported fully by Vista, but I certainly won't be switching back to XP.

Phalesafe    10

Vista Ultimate with XP Pro in a VM :p no need to switch back, WoW plays fine :p

S7un7    3
I was smart and never even went to Vista. I'll wait till Service Pack 1 is released and see if that helps with it.

X2

theyarecomingforyou    10,428

I am dual-booting. I use Vista for general usage and find it to be a very good OS but unfortunately I do not have sound drivers yet... that means I end up going back to XP for playing music or recording audio. As soon as sound drivers are released (they are due "early 2007") I'll have no reason to go back to XP.

Lant    70

Running Vista + XP dual booting and rarely go back to XP

Nicholas-c    37

not using it yet...

Phemo    47

Back to XP for me. I find Vista irritating to use and it does nothing for me that XP can't.

Sniper101    0

I did on my Test PC (Currently on) How ever My Main PC it still has Vista on it, then again i don't really use it much. The Test PC is for Beta Testing and Virtualization of Operating Systems so i mainly stay on this one lol

Niels.    2

I'm switching permanently to vista this week when i get my new laptop. :p

( It's really a beast of a laptop btw. )

djDaemon    0
Running Vista + XP dual booting and rarely go back to XP

Likewise. :yes:

teriba    2

I was dual booting XP + Vista for a while. Just took the plunge 2 weeks ago and reinstalled as a single boot Vista setup. Love it :)

russ0943    0

switched back and forth throughout beta's and finally switched over for good this week. I havn't had any serious problems now that software is coming around for it and patches are being released. I am printerless though because Lexmark is lazy as hell.

paulOr    0

im triplebooting yo!

i have XP, Vista and OS X 10 on my computer, i do like vista, but there is no drivers for all my hardware, so ill leave it on the computer untill there are drivers, then ill use it fulltime.

Stingray    10
How many people installed a virgin untweaked XP from 2001 with no service packs or upgrades.

Thank you, come again.

Tru.dat.

theyarecomingforyou    10,428
Back to XP for me. I find Vista irritating to use and it does nothing for me that XP can't.

I assume you didn't buy it then? Sounds to me like you didn't have a very open mind.

midosm.com    4

We actually had success running in beta, but when we loaded the Vista Business from our Action Pack on a production machine in our Small Business Server environment, it would not connect to the Internet AND multi monitor scenarios were really bad! We changed out like eight video cards and the second monitor (both exactly the same) always had blurred test (really annoying when you are working on financials, etc. all day).

On standalone, not SBS environments, it has worked well. I think we will wait and order manufactured/tested machines in the future for a while for our production environments.

freeza    11

Unwillingly, I did.

Once a few apps that I paid for get support in Vista, i'm back for the long haul.

Went out and bought a 4gb flash drive for ReadyBoost that is now useless being back on XP.

MDboyz    670

No way I'm gonna go back to XP.

TheNay    1

Dual booting, I use XP more tho, many issues in Vista for me.

3rd party programs aren't ready, and some of the programs in Vista crash every now and then.

I'll probably wait till SP1 and then use Vista only. That's how it was with XP too :angry:

M118LR    0

I have to keep both. I am running Beta's in both XP and Vista.

bryonhowley    11
I did. Having SLI 8800GTX, i don't want to wait till the end of this year for drivers from Nvidia and Creative in order to get full performance. If I do so it will be wasted huge of money. Vista is not ready, nor companies are ready with the drivers. A lot of things bothers me in Vista...simply OS is crappy out of the box. You have to do tweaking and adjustment in order to get everything as should be.

Guess I was lucky I have not had to tweak anything. Exept for my Audigy 2 everything works out of the box and the beta Audigy drivers are working working just fine.

Farstrider    298
I have said bye-bye to XP for good and I have been using Vista since Microsoft sent it out to beta testers despite all the driver issues. I think it is a great operating system with alot of potential so we'll have to wait and see. Now regarding the security holes.....I have gotten used to the fact that windows has never been entirely safe and it will never be. I don't think an operating system should be put down because some boob discovers a hole that would affect maybe 0l.1% of the Vista users....

Thought that this would be appropriate! :laugh:

FreeFallWin.png

I have two PC's that I use in my home office, one Vista and one XP! I still prefer Windows XP!

hapbt    0
Thought that this would be appropriate! :laugh:

FreeFallWin.png

I have two PC's that I use in my home office, one Vista and one XP! I still prefer Windows XP!

THAT IS THE BEST COMIC STRIP EVAR!

Of course, if our society was like DOS we would all be fighting over 640k of limited resources.

Sockie    0

Vista is marvellous here. It's quick its rock solid and everything that I care about works perfectly. (Y) I'm super happy with Vista.

RightfulSpire    0
Vista is marvellous here. It's quick its rock solid and everything that I care about works perfectly. (Y) I'm super happy with Vista.

totally agree. have not had a single problem. i find vista to be extremely easy. i think (and this is my opinion) it makes XP seem so outdated. Vista for me makes my work smooth and 99% more effortless than xp did. BRAVO microsoft BRAVO!!!