Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Say if I get a laptop, with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. What would be the cheapest way of installing Windows Ultimate over it?

I've been looking at all the features that Ultimate has to offer, and I really want to upgrade to it, when I get my laptop. Help would be much appreciated.

Oh, and I live in the UK.

As far as I am aware OEM is currently the cheapest way (cheaper than Anytime Upgrade), which would means you would have a Vista Home Premium licence for another computer. Vista Ultimate costs ?110 OEM.

How do you mean, OEM? Pre-installed?

OEM software is designed for system builders, though you can buy it as an individual - the main difference between retail is that you won't get support from Microsoft, you'll be on your own (you'll still get Windows Updates and such - it will behave like a retail copy). It's available here, whilst the 32bit version is ?4 more expensive. If you're not happy confident with computers then the cheapest way will be the Anytime Upgrade.

I bought the Vista Ultimate 32bit OEM version from that site, so I can verify the product and the website.

If you already paid for Home Premium - don't buy a seperate copy of Utlimate!

You should be able to do the Windows Anytime Upgrade - right?

couple of questions on this? I am thinking of doing the upgrade from Home P. to Ultimate.. Now I see if I do the anytime upgrade it basically gives me a new key.

Questions:

1: If I reformat. I can use this new Product Key and even though I have the Home P CD it will still install Ultimate everytime?

2: Does this make my current Home P product key obsolete or can I actually use that Home P product key on another PC?

If you already paid for Home Premium - don't buy a seperate copy of Utlimate!

You should be able to do the Windows Anytime Upgrade - right?

How is it done though?

Do I have to reformat?

Do I download it, or get sent a disk?

How much?

Also, would I be able to install Vista Ultimate on another PC with the same key? Primarily this is going to be for my laptop, but in the future I'll upgrade my other PC....

EDIT: Bad news. Anytime Upgrade doesn't work in the UK as of yet. I reckon it will at some point, but who knows. Any other ideas?

Edited by Non Stop