Combine sounds from two systems

Hey guys, in a dilly of a pickle. Atm I have my 360 + Gaming Comp + Media Center in my room, hooked up to two LCD's. Right one is just for the Gaming PC and the other is split between the two with a KVM.

Atm, I'm running sound from them both through the kvm to the input port on my sound card (so, stereo), and I was hoping there was a better way, as I like to be playing games and be watching a movie or whatever on Media Center at the same time.

I was looking at the Creative Decoder DDTS-100 and it supports optical in which would work fine, but it doesn't seem to support mixing the two devices.

My current plan is to have 360 + MCE via optical into the Decoder, and then have optical out on that going to a soundcard on my comp with optical in (I'll need to buy a new one :\). Seems to work in theory.

Are there any other approaches?

I don't think you, as a consumer can decode two signals simultaneously... Maybe a mixer.... expect to shell out some cash.

Am I actually decoding though? Or is it just merging the two sounds together. :unsure: As I can do it alright with Line In, but its obviously not 5.1 :\. I would have thought the sound would be decoded on each devices sound card, so then you just have to merge it whatever like how it was being done with Line In. *ponders*

My sound card (Bluegears b-Enspirer) can make the SPDIF-In pass through to SPDIF-out transparently. Then you just playback any sound on the PC (over analogue or SPDIF) as normal.