RIAA Says CDs Should Cost More

Why dont all companies get this. As far as software goes, the more inaccessible you make it, the more you encourage piracy.

If MS sold vista at a reasonable price, a price that the average joe could actually afford, then they'd make more money, and piracy would drop. Which is better, most pay a fair price, or few paying an exorbitant price and the rest pirating it?

The same with music. Make it accessable to kids via their pocket money etc, and they wont be downloading it from limewire as much. Increase the cost, and they will have no alternative but to use limewire. They wont just go without after all.

Its like MS office or Photoshop - the two most pirated softwares out there. If the price were lowered (or Photoshop had a student price) then it would be pirated much less. I don't have $700 to drop on a piece of software when I make $6/hr for my freelance work for my school paper

I love to buy a Cd from time to time (I have over 350), but these guys are nuts to think we should be paying them more.

If they are saying that business is bad for them now, just wait till they try and raise the prices. :rolleyes:

owenstarskyhutchsignatucy7.jpg