xbox360 wireless network

Just get whats often called a "wireless bridge" or "gaming adapters". netgear, linksys, netcomm and other companies have them. I wont get prices or anything because I'm in Australia but just look on the sites for products named like the ones there. They will plug into the ethernet port BTW not the USB port but they will do the same job, you just need to do an initial config from a PC.

I have one, works pretty well.... got it for $109.99 CAD on boxing day (basically "black friday" for you boys down south)

The only issue ive had is im unable to play halo 2 online :s but i think that was a problem with my settings and not the adapter itself.

I just wired Ethernet down[stairs] inside of chucking $130 for the wireless adapter. $20 maybe, and isn't proprietary.

Oh yeah, and that wasn't a hack job. It's the proper wall ports on both ends (input from router and output to 360)

The older XBOX's wireless adapter, any wireless bridge (including hacked routers) and wireless gaming adapters like the linksys WGA products work. Just make sure that it connects through the Ethernet port, or otherwise the xbox doesn't have drivers for them (for obvious reason, aka $$ for Microsoft)

I have the WGA11B and it works fine. Just need to restart it sometimes.

Another (very) cheap alternative is the Logitech Play Link. Search it up on ebay. It uses RF, and speeds aren't up to par, but it's apparently decent for gaming.

Also remembered: if you have a laptop with wireless + an ethernet port....you can use that as your "wireless bridge"

Just connect your xbox to your laptop and bridge the connections :)