Anybody regret installing vista on thie pc

Anybody regret installing vista on a pc that was operating perfectly with xp. Are you going back to xp or stay with vista. There seems to be only negative posts and nobody seems to be saying anything good

Well I installed it on both my desktop (x64 vista ultimate) and my laptop. I'm the type i have to install in order to be forced to learn new things. Well it caused so many problems on my laptop especially with work VPN software and constantly was accessing my laptop harddrive that i ended up formating and going back to XP on laptop. But i still have it on my desktop. With time, things will get better, its a new os. Let companies get there drivers out and i think it will be a decent OS. But for work related, its just eyecandy. No use for me, but as most neowinians, we like to stay current with technology. Plus its fun!

I've been using Vista on my laptop (as a beta tester) for nearly a combined time of 2 years now, and I'd never switch back to XP.

On my desktop, I haven't switched over, but I am no rush.

I guess it is the Beta in me, but I don't install to a PC. I install to a Hard Drive. That way if I want Vista, I slide in the Vista Hard Drive and I'm all set. If I want XP, it's on a Hard Drive. The same with Longhorn Server, Server 2003 SP2, etc. That way I don't mess with muti-booting. If a new build comes out, I format and load the new build. For me this works fine. 6 80GB Hard Drives. If I need more Hard Drives, I get more.

I used Vista for a few weeks. Got tired of crappy game performance and not being able to use TV out. Also, my pro audio sound card does not work in Vista.

I still have it installed, but I went back to XP and won't be booting back into Vista until SP1 comes out. Unless your hardware is brand spanking new, excepting maybe the power supply and other non-driver needing components.. don't expect it to work as well as XP.

I don't regret installing Vista but I am unable to use it. It keeps crashing and locking up.. MCE and WMP keep causing BSODs and well its quite unstable for me at the moment so I've had to stay on my XP partition 80% of the time and only using Vista when a new update or driver is released. I'm edging update by update to more stability so I'm playing the waiting game at the moment..

I'm loving Vista 64 besides HP not upgrading their scanning software for my HP 5510v all in one printer. HP put out printer drivers for it on on the Vista install, but on their site they said they will not upgrade the scanning software. Of course they recommend to buy an upgraded printer. I keep XP on another drive to be able to scan. I bought it new last year and it's already outdated. :-(

Just been setting up my cousins new laptop with it and I absolutely hate it. Vista is so much easier to network with.

I didn't initially fall in love with Vista. I installed it when I still had a working XP drive to fall back on. After I installed vista, the XP drive died on me, and I didn't have a backup, and lost everything. I was forced to live with Vista, and tried several times to reinstall my XP partition, with no succes.

I finally just decided to "get used to it" and "settle in" since I knew I'd be using it eventually anyhow. Why not start now, and be WAY better at it than the average user?

Once I got accustomed to how it works, and where to find things, I can honestly say; This OS has much more power and much more functionality than XP ever will.

i do not regret installing it at all, and enjoy the operating system. I own Windows Vista Ultimate Signed Series, and Windows Vista Home Premium. I have not had any problems running the operating system, and only a few snags in the beginning with installing it, which I figured out the work arounds, but now it is fine.

Anybody regret installing vista on a pc that was operating perfectly with xp. Are you going back to xp or stay with vista. There seems to be only negative posts and nobody seems to be saying anything good

I don't regret installing Vista on my laptop at all. It works perfectly, even better than XP did.

i dont like the support and the issue with upgrades how you lose your xp cdley, and its head to reinstall if you dont have cdkeys

I regret it yes, but only because I'm experiencing a lag spike every 60 seconds when I play games. It looks like I must move back to XP for now, but if this issue every gets solved I'd come back to it. I certainly like how pretty it is.

No way in hell!! You shouldn't go through life having regrets. When you do something, be confident that it was the best decision you could have made at the time and move on. Now regarding Vista, I wouldn't believe anyone that said they had a reason for switching back to XP...unless nostalgia is setting in.

To be honest i installed Windows Vista Ultimate on Tuesday after thinking about it since November, I've been using my copy of Windows Vista Ultimate that i recieved from Microsoft for being a better tester, but always installed it using the 30-day trail just to test on all my systems.

Computer 1 is a HP Compaq DC5700 Mini Tower, Windows Vista installed at the fastet time i had ever seen, installing in 15 minutes, Aero would switch itself off after a reboot and would only come back on when i rebooted again, when Intel released drivers Aero worked all the time without problems, performance is excellent.

Specs: - Intel Pentium D 2.3GHz, 1GB DDR2 Ram, 2x 60GB SATA Hard Drives, Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset, Graphics Card and Memory shared.

Result 8/10

Computer 2 is a Acer Aspire 7100 Laptop Windows Vista didn't like this laptop at all, no Aero, drivers few and far between, Acer not releasing driver for at least 3 - 6 months.

Specs - Intel Celeron M 1.6GHz, 512MB DDR2 Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipet Family.

Result 3/10

Computer 3 is a home built PC, Windows Vista installed without issues, most of my devices installed with new drivers from Hauppauge, Ati and Intel. The only device that didn't install with drivers from Windows Update was my C-Media Azalia HD 9880 onboard Sound Card. I finally installed it after 3 hours of trying like hell to get it to take the drivers. Performance is excellent full Aero, no errors of bugs, no BSOD's, just pure bliss.

Specs ASUS P5GD2 Premium, Intel Pentium 4 3GHz, 2GB DDR2 Ram Dual Channel 1x 320GB HDD, 1x 160GB HDD, 1x 140G HDD, Ati Radeon X1600XTX 256MB PCI-E, Intel 915P Chipset.

Result 9/10

So to be honest why people are having issues are probably not got compatible driver and having to use drivers for Windows XP. I will admit there are minor glitches and these should be fixed with Hot Fixes and Patches and SP1 should help also.

The best thing to do, don't wait for drivers to be released by your computer manufacturer, download them from you chipset Manufacturer i.e Intel, AMD, Via and SIS.

BTW, if any one has a Asus P5GD2 Premium mobo and are having issues installing drivers for the C-Media Azalia 9880 HD onboard sound card and what to know a work around send me a Message and will give you instructions.

Now regarding Vista, I wouldn't believe anyone that said they had a reason for switching back to XP...unless nostalgia is setting in.

Sub par video drivers. Sub par sound drivers. Relatively new hardware (6 months or so) isn't supported anymore. UI errors out the ass. Having to reactivate for just installing new drivers. I'll stick with XP. At least it works like it's supposed to.