Anybody regret installing vista on thie pc

Thanks for your replies. I myself will wait until sp1 comes out, new drivers to be released, and finally when I hear that vista benchmarks in all games (old and new) exceedes that of xp. I just hope my computer can last at least another year.

Sub par video drivers. Sub par sound drivers. Relatively new hardware (6 months or so) isn't supported anymore. UI errors out the ass. Having to reactivate for just installing new drivers. I'll stick with XP. At least it works like it's supposed to.

Funny, sounds like you're talking about XP. Era August 2001.

Everyone talking about how relatively new hardware didn't work and how it was, "Windows 98SE or Win2k Pro Forever!!!"

Those same people now say, "Windows XP Forever!!!"

So funny how opinions change with time ;)

i dont like the support and the issue with upgrades how you lose your xp cdley, and its head to reinstall if you dont have cdkeys

You lost your XP CD-Key? Did it run off and get married while you weren't looking? I think you're extremely confused. Vista does not invalidate your XP CD-Key at all. Then again if you're a pirate I could see the issue since it would know that your key is invalid ;)

On the other hand people with legal keys aren't affected whatsoever. Now on the other hand you might be confused and thinking of the Vista Anytime Upgrade program. With that program once you upgrade you lose the ability to use the original Vista key that you bought, however you are assigned a new one that works for the version that you upgraded to and it's stored in your digital locker so you can never truly lose it.

I dont regret it at all. Yeah it has some issues. Im currently dual booting xp and vista. I use vista for everything part from Watching tv. It seems to stutter terribly in vista but seems fine in Xp. I m not sure if its a codec problem, tv card driver issue or even a graphics issue. But yeah thats the only thing stopping me from removing xp from my machine.

^ he's talking about when buying an upgrade edition of vista. Once you upgrade your unable to go back to xp because it essentially invalidates for key

I regret a little because my newly bought iPod Nano refuses to work with Vista.

But it's a small issue, I'll probably do a dual boot with XP this weekend.

I don't regret it. I have it dual-booting both XP and Vista for work purposes. The only real issue I had was with my new video card, I had to get beta drivers to get Aero to work, but otherwise its been working great. Already tired of the Vista look though, at least I can change it with Windowblinds now.

I am having NO issues with mine. Guess I should knock on wood. I was one of the lucky ones.. Installed flawlessly and ran great since first reboot. I even have a Logitech G15, which has 0 drivers for Vista and it works great, LCD shows perfectly. Soundblaster Audigy 2 works great now also, I do notice random crackles about 1 time a day with the sound but thats it.

10/10

i don't regret it but i think i'll re-install xp in about a week. i'm actually glad i installed vista as soon as it showed up on my door step. it's a lot more stable and a lot faster than i expected. it runs like a dream. (5.3 score in vista)

i think ms did a great job on vista so my reason for going back to xp isn't there fault.

it's nvidia's.

write a better driver for vista nvidia and fast!

it's the only thing i found wrong.

I have some small regret because I expected my machine at home to have a better performance index (only 3.5).

The graphics are slower but the drivers will get better over time (I hope)

If you have a high end machine...Vista is a terrible platform to do any gaming on it. It's not only drivers but overall compatibility with games and software as well. I say Vista will be gaming ready platform by end of this year. If you own 8800GTX SLI or any other SLI/Crossfire system or even single high end card, wait till service pack release (December). My only reason to eventually move to Vista is DX10.0. Other then that XP is just damn fine OS and it does everything, and there is nothing Vista can do more....

With BETAS I had installed XP and Vista, I always switch back to XP by problems with IIS, MySQL and games... Since RTM I'm a Vista only user.

In the beginning when I installed vista, I couldnt get anything to work - at that point I was regretting getting vista.

Now, I'm making progress and things are working out now. Just installed TweakVI and optimised it. So everything is faster and more secure. I'm not going back to xp now - partly because its a great system secondly, I'm not wasting the money.

If you own 8800GTX SLI or any other SLI/Crossfire system or even single high end card, wait till service pack release (December).

Maybe if you have a single high-end Nvidia-based card you should wait till service pack release, but my single high-end ATI X1900 XTX is performing without a problem. Well, other than the one initial irritating problem of having to disable UAC to get the dang Catalyst drivers to install in the first place, but once I did that it was smooth sailing in the land of Aero.

i was at first but after getting to use all the new features it really is worth it. just cant wait to get some new hardware and have a fast system.

Well, as I wasn't that stupid to upgrade XP to Vista, I don't need to go back to XP but use them side-by-side. Since I don't have the upgrade version, I can fully legal do this.

In the beginning when I installed vista, I couldnt get anything to work - at that point I was regretting getting vista.

Now, I'm making progress and things are working out now. Just installed TweakVI and optimised it. So everything is faster and more secure. I'm not going back to xp now - partly because its a great system secondly, I'm not wasting the money.

I hear that program is "evil!"

I hear that program is "evil!"

damn straight that program is evil - and so is vista. I've had so many problems ive just formatted and going... back to xp.

I thought I would never go back.... but "wow" - what a disappointing operating system.