• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Anybody regret installing vista on thie pc

drumthrasher109    0

actually my games go great (if not better than xp) even with the beta nvidia drivers. idk why people are having problems just wait for them to fix everything.

winXpert    0

The only regret I have is not getting faster memory (of course I'd need a board that could support it too) I'm running ddr2-8500 but its causing my experice index to sag to 4.5. :-/

::winXpert::

Tantawi    175
The only regret I have is not getting faster memory (of course I'd need a board that could support it too) I'm running ddr2-8500 but its causing my experice index to sag to 4.5. :-/

::winXpert::

DDR2-8500?

I have 2 GB DDR1-400 @ 432MHz and I got 5.3! :)

Welcome to Neowin BTW (Y).

Morpheus Phreak    0
^ he's talking about when buying an upgrade edition of vista. Once you upgrade your unable to go back to xp because it essentially invalidates for key

That is completely bogus and untrue.

Your XP Key is your XP Key.

If that were true then you'd never be able to reinstall that Vista Upgrade as the CD-Key would no longer be genuine.

I'm honestly not meaning this as an insult, but what sort of morons are you people listening to?

This is a flatout lie and was never and will never be true.

Chad.C    0

I'm sure what actually happens is deactivates the XP key. So in the event you wanted to re-install XP, using the key you used to upgrade from, you would merely be inconvenienced to activate the XP key again..

micro    106

no, im happy i installed vista..

Ap0x    0
+1

+2

Xp atm its like a good old wine... :yes:

Deihmos    154
I'm sure what actually happens is deactivates the XP key. So in the event you wanted to re-install XP, using the key you used to upgrade from, you would merely be inconvenienced to activate the XP key again..

False...Xp doesn't even need to be activated to install Vista and it does not deactivate your XP key.

renio    0

w00000000t !!!

Received my new laptop yesterday! Dell D620, finally a portable laptop and not a portable desktop (HP NX9105 was just a bulky multimedia laptop). First thing I did was installing Vista (actually.. I let it install while I was driving/standing in traffic jam LOL.. took 20 minutes and a few clicks, hardest part was typing in a strong password hehe).

Vista installs and works like a charm! Maybe I'll get stuck with some application that doesn't work on Vista but there'll be alternatives for sure.

Only bugger was this night when I let it copy all the data between the laptops... Vista kicked in a windows update restart while it was copying Gb's of data :(

Cheers!

njeo    0

I have already gone back to XP, after a week of persevering with complete system freezes. I believe they were caused by drivers but was unable to establish which one. Will try again as I have bought Vista OEM and therefore due to the cash outlay I want to get it working.

Self built Intel Core 2 Duo e6600, 2Gb Corsair VS 667mhz RAM, ATI Radeon X1650 Pro, Seagate 160Gb P-ATA drive, Abit IL9 Pro motherboard with onboard sound.

freak_power    0

I'm looking forward Windows Vienna. Vienna and Vista will use same driver model, just like Win 2000 and XP, but i hope they fix everything else. By the time Vienna is release the drivers will matured, so the transition should be really smooth.

Novaoblivion    0

I am actually having a pretty good experience with Vista so far, other than a few issues with some older games everything works great. I have been using Business (32-bit) as my main OS for a while now. :)

drumthrasher109    0
I have already gone back to XP, after a week of persevering with complete system freezes. I believe they were caused by drivers but was unable to establish which one. Will try again as I have bought Vista OEM and therefore due to the cash outlay I want to get it working.

Self built Intel Core 2 Duo e6600, 2Gb Corsair VS 667mhz RAM, ATI Radeon X1650 Pro, Seagate 160Gb P-ATA drive, Abit IL9 Pro motherboard with onboard sound.

prebuilt pc's that have those (ie. hp, gateway (YEA!), etc) have pretty much the same thing (except he video card) and they go just fine.

right now vista is going the best its ever gone!

solardog    0
Anybody regret installing vista on a pc that was operating perfectly with xp. Are you going back to xp or stay with vista. There seems to be only negative posts and nobody seems to be saying anything good

At first I didnt regret it and then I did and then I didnt again and then I did...basically I didnt/did going on 5 times now. Its dual boot time. :rofl: