Your First Computer

good to see veteran like CCUK, Euphoria and jago...same here, C64 with tape. never had the disk drive. that particular saga started in the summer of 1984..

Commodore C64 with tape drive :D

Same here, got one of these when I was in Junior School, oh those were the days :-).

I remember getting a light gun with it (bloody huge thing) and pointing that about 3 foot from the screen shooting little planes that were flying down hehe.

Also having to reset the counter on the tape machine was brilliant.

original computer i used as a small child was an intel 80286 16-bit hunk of junk though i had a commodore 64 green screen and intel 8088 system but i refused to use things that old ;x so it was basicly Dos 6.2 running GeOS 2.0 + up to windows vista now is my computer history.

C64! Quality machine, even if you did have to wait 5 hours for a tape to load :p I think we had one cart game that loaded instantly which was pretty amazing back then.

Soon got replaced by an Amiga 500 which was our main system until 1997 when we got our first real PC. Funny thing is that I remember my dad bringing home an internet magazine and me saying that we didn't need it and the internet was useless, heh.

I never really owned a console system until the N64 in 1998 :(

My first own personal computer, back in 1996, was a Cyrix 686-100Mhz with a 640MB HD, and I think 16 MB RAM.

My father was a computer geek, so we had all kinds of computers going back to early 80's. Atari, IIe, commodore and so forth.

my parents were programmers, and had one before i was born. i screwed up the 5.25 floppy drive by putting something inside it, and sometime later, they got a new one (from what i remember):

Micron Computers

Pentium @ 266Mhz

1 GB Hard Drive

16MB RAM

I still have the mobo in my brother's room.

And I've still been screwing computers up since then.

386SX-16, 1M memory, 40M hard disc, both sizes floppy drive.

DOS 4.01 + GeoWorks 1.0 (honestly, there was a unappreciated system-- it did more than Windows 3.1, and ran slippy-smooth in 1M of memory!)

Had a Texas Instruments TI99/4a

Processor: 16-bit TMS 9900 running at 3.3Mhz.

Graphics: Screen resolution of 256x192 in 16 colours. Capable of displaying up to 32 sprites.

Sound: 3 sound channels, 1 noise channel and 5 octaves. Speech synthesis with optional add-on module.

RAM: 16K (52K max).

ROM: 26K (command modules can give up to 34K extra).

Keyboard: Full size, 48 key, typewriter style.

Expansion: Module slot for preprogrammed games and utilities.

Monitor socket.

Joystick socket.

Cassette I/O socket.

Dedicated interface for peripheral expansion box, (PEB), which gave 8 expansion slots for disk drives, extra RAM etc. Some expansion devices such as the speech synthesiser could be plugged directly into this socket.

post-18699-1171681534.jpg

post-18699-1171681546.jpg

I can't recall the specs, all of my life there's always been a computer at home, the oldest i can recall is a 16Mhz 386 PC though i'm sure we had some older ones before that...

My first was a Pionex way back in 1995 or 1996, it cost over $2k.

133 Mhz Pentium

16 MB Ram

1.2 GB HDD

33.6k Modem

Windows 95

15" Monitor

It was the computer I met my wife of 9 years on :)