Forcing Aero Glass Effect

I have a MSI 915P Mainboard with a Intel 915 chipset

I installed Windows Vista Ulitmate on this and it has Aero fully enabled and I am greatly experiecing it :D

Here's a screenshot if you don't believe me:

captureuj1.th.jpg

I installed Windows Vista Ulitmate on this and it has Aero fully enabled and I am greatly experiecing it :D

captureuj1.th.jpg

Hmm, something makes me think thats a windowblinds theme.

captureuj1.th.jpg

show device manager with Display Adapters expanded.

Okay, I don't use Vista that much, but my g/f's laptop has Vista Basic, and I just changed the variables in the registry:

CurrentUser/Software/Microsoft/Windows/DWM/

Then change (or add)

Composition = 1

CompositionPolicy = 2

And then type this in command prompt:

net stop uxsms

thats to stop the theme service

net start uxsms

to start it again.

Or is the OP trying to achieve something else.... ah crap here comes the people with pitchforks and flame torches

ARGHH *runs*

The other screenshot shows he's using a x16 PCI express.... I don't think thats onboard graphics... unless I'm mistaken

The other screenshot shows he's using a x16 PCI express.... I don't think thats onboard graphics... unless I'm mistaken

I was thinking the same thing. Could be an Intel motherboard with an Nvidia card...

captureuj1.th.jpg

No it's really Aero.

Where's Windowblinds?

taskmanpr6.th.jpg

ozgeek, I looked up your motherboard from the part number CPU kindly gave, your motherboard is not an Intel 915G intergrated graphics motherboard. It has a PCI Express x16 slot and you are using that with an Aero capable video card. They are talking about people with the 915G with the graphics on board and how Areo is not working. http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec....l=915P_Combo-FR That is your board right there based upon the part number from CPU-Z

Hmm, something makes me think thats a windowblinds theme.

You both had right to suspicions, why I looked up the board from the part number and found out it lacked integrated graphics,

Very close Martoq. I really have the MSI 915P-Combo (not FR) I have this and am using nvidia 6600GT card on PCI-E 16. Sorry for the confusion. I really thought you all was talking about the chipset which this mainboard has a i915 chipset. Very different things. I will "leave now and never come back" -gollum lol

No it's really Aero.

Where's Windowblinds?

taskmanpr6.th.jpg

No, you're right, its really aero since its blurring the background and not just transparent as windowblinds does it. But you couldev hidden the process.

Very close Martoq. I really have the MSI 915P-Combo (not FR) I have this and am using nvidia 6600GT card on PCI-E 16. Sorry for the confusion. I really thought you all was talking about the chipset which this mainboard has a i915 chipset. Very different things. I will "leave now and never come back" -gollum lol

It was just what google brought back, seemed close enough LOL. Yeah, they want Aero on their 915 with integrated graphics and Intel did promise drivers that seem to not be coming out ever now.

ozgeek is just a liar.

...or just one of those kids whose mom's make them feel like tech gods because they "know" more then they do. This is just funny to read.

One day it will be possible, I'm sure.

I a tottaly agree with this, and I am sure that someone will find a way to get aero up on a 915 laptop. I am still hoping though that intel will perhaps release a proper WDDM driver for the 915 as it has been said before it is capable of running aero interface and could do so in the early beta releases.

One day it will be possible, I'm sure.

The only way it will be possible will be if Intel releases a 915 WDDM driver, which I believe they have no intention to do. I've heard it's not even possible for them to write one, which would explain why they don't have one...

The only way it will be possible will be if Intel releases a 915 WDDM driver, which I believe they have no intention to do. I've heard it's not even possible for them to write one, which would explain why they don't have one...

I think they will release WDDM at some point purely because so so many people have signed the petition. We all know it is possible because the specs of the card meet the MS requirements, and in the pre-rc1 betas we had some beta WDDM drivers which would let the card run aero.