Still no way to force Aero?

meh, i don't understand why you guys that don't have the hardware would want to force it to run. the reason why it's not enabled is because it'll run like ass and microsoft don't want people to have that kind of impression of vista.

makes perfect sense to me too.

okz19 is a liar. there is a program that makes everything transparent. Its called glass2k or something like that.

The problem is that it makes the whole window transparent and therfore its useless.

there is probaly some deep registry hack that needs to be done to enable it. but okz19's way does not workj and makes the windows very hard to see.

meh, i don't understand why you guys that don't have the hardware would want to force it to run. the reason why it's not enabled is because it'll run like ass and microsoft don't want people to have that kind of impression of vista.

makes perfect sense to me too.

Before Windows Vista was RTM, aero glass worked fine with 915 graphic chipsets. Intel just doesn't want to release drivers for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got stuck with the same problem on my notebook. Damn Intel :/

On my desktop I've got Aero running and its looking very smooth. Would love to see that on my notebook to...

Any news already ?

it only worked cause they allowed it to work,and it ran like crap so they thought they would get rid of the headache and remove support, cause if they left it their this thread would just be about making areo faster, get over it the onboards from intel blow goats upgrade and move on kthxbai

Getting drivers from windows is just quite impossible... Windows doesn't keep .inf-files... And figuring out which .sys files you need would be hard...

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers"

Create REG_DWORD and call it:

UseXPModel

Set it to 1

Anything changing?

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers"

Create REG_DWORD and call it:

UseXPModel

Set it to 1

Anything changing?

No amount of registry modification is going to enable Aero.

Getting drivers from windows is just quite impossible... Windows doesn't keep .inf-files... And figuring out which .sys files you need would be hard...

Uhhh... install RC2, go to device manager & you can pretty much get the info for what files you need there.

No amount of registry modification is going to enable Aero.

Yeah, and no amount of modification is going to crack Vista activation, either :rolleyes:

Well if someone still using Beta 2 or any beta where the lakeport drivers were available could give me:

-igdumd32.dll

-ig4icd32.dll

-ig4dev32.dll

It shouldn't be impossible... From what i know they are in /Windows/System32

Don't think it will work but worth the try....

Yeah, and no amount of modification is going to crack Vista activation, either :rolleyes:

Umm, hacking something with actual code and changing meaningless registry settings are quite different things. He was correct, no amount of registry "tweaking" is going to make Aero work without a WDDM driver.

In beta 2, the DWM supported a "legacy" mode for non-WDDM drivers, but it didn't work too well and was cut.

If you want Aero, just buy a better video card (until then, run WindowBlinds or something if that's your thing). You're just wasting your time worrying about it.

That's not even remotely the same thing. Your cards drivers simply cant't handle the calls that Aero wants to make. Even if you do manage to get dwm to load, it'll just crash before you get anything more than a screen flicker.

Hey guys

seems like u all forgot the main point

no one is really getting to a result here

please we need a solution to force this aero on vista RTM and Beat these intel/microsoft cons conspiracy.....

Hey guys

seems like u all forgot the main point

no one is really getting to a result here

please we need a solution to force this aero on vista RTM and Beat these intel/microsoft cons conspiracy.....

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

okz19, how is enabling Aero going? Have you gotten the real Aero to run yet with your 1337 registry "hacks?"

Intel offered a video explanation as to why there is no WDDM driver for 915. In short, 915 doesn't have a hardware scheduler. WDDM requirements state that a video solution must contain a hardware scheduler for a driver to be certified WDDM. No WDDM = no Aero.

http://softwareblogs.intel.com/2007/04/02/...iver-for-vista/

umm, how about you spend 70-80 bucks and just buy a cheap video card that Aero supports? Wouldn't it be worth your time?

Umm, hacking something with actual code and changing meaningless registry settings are quite different things. He was correct, no amount of registry "tweaking" is going to make Aero work without a WDDM driver.

In beta 2, the DWM supported a "legacy" mode for non-WDDM drivers, but it didn't work too well and was cut.

If you want Aero, just buy a better video card (until then, run WindowBlinds or something if that's your thing). You're just wasting your time worrying about it.

Windowblinds can't do per pixel transparency in Vista without the WDDM drivers either. Kind of lame, I can run Windowblinds skins with full trans on my laptop in XP, but not when I boot into Vista. Oh well there's a lot of real nice opaque skins out there and Aero runs nicely on my desktop.

umm, how about you spend 70-80 bucks and just buy a cheap video card that Aero supports? Wouldn't it be worth your time?

Are you asking me?

Just goes to show people don't read a thing doesn't it....You need pixel + vertex models 2 or above to run aero only these are supplied with DirectX 9+ Capable Cards. It doesn't matter if in XP DirectX says its version is 9+ your card has to say that it supports it no matter what.

Ask any one Microsoft pulled registry tweaking out before final release even if you spend your whole life trying to enable it your not going to get anywere trust me. Gather a couple of bucks together shop around for the cheapest yet capable gfx card and your fine. Nvidia cards are starting to come down again soo i would try to get one of those (Y)