C&C 3 Tiberium Wars Demo Next Week

Yet another great rts, I am still enjoying Supreme Commander demo and now C and C 3 TW! I haven't played red alert but definitely loved C and C Tiberium Sun, awesome game...

BTW is Tiberium Wars a dx10 game?

excellent news... cant wait for this demo!!

i think i shall download on both platforms just to see the difference:p

damn its making me want to install Red Alert 2 so badly though!

Yet another great rts, I am still enjoying Supreme Commander demo and now C and C 3 TW! I haven't played red alert but definitely loved C and C Tiberium Sun, awesome game...

Nope, somebody said in an interview that they believed in building dx10 games from the ground up, so they wouldn't be poking that on top of the existing game and engine.

yikes! red alert is the best part of the series! go pick up the first decade now!! :)

i actually thought tiberian sun was the low point of the series (although I havent played generals)

Sweet, can't wait! :woot: let's see how badly it runs on my computer :p (this demo will decide if I get the PC-DVD or Xbox 360 version)

yikes! red alert is the best part of the series! go pick up the first decade now!! :)

i actually thought tiberian sun was the low point of the series (although I havent played generals)

I would totally have to agree with you on that. Tiberian Sun was in production for how long?? I remember when it came out it was the biggest disappointment, but Westwood/EA redeemed themselves when they released Red Alert 2, come on EA DON'T screwup Tiberium Wars, you owe it to us the HARDCORE fans!!

Edited by Dijital

A heads-up to you all that a couple of FilePlanet subscribers on the discussion thread for yesterday's Demo Release Date "announcement" have pointed out that the FilePlanet download applet now lists Monday, February 26th as the ETA for the C&C3 demo, which is a pretty good indicator that it won't actually be coming out next Tuesday, although we can probably expect it by the end of the month.

Source: http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/

DLW

A heads-up to you all that a couple of FilePlanet subscribers on the discussion thread for yesterday's Demo Release Date "announcement" have pointed out that the FilePlanet download applet now lists Monday, February 26th as the ETA for the C&C3 demo, which is a pretty good indicator that it won't actually be coming out next Tuesday, although we can probably expect it by the end of the month.

Source: http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/

DLW

It now says 23rd which is next Friday.

Next friday? i saw an official timer 2 days ago reading 41 days soo uhh.....

In game screenshot:

800pxcommandandconquer3ml7.png

near 8 years in the making....its gonna be ****ing great..

ccscreen001rx3.jpg

Still don't think it should be on 360. pc games should stay pc, plus its gonna be a pain in the ass moving this and that with the 360 controller

Still don't think it should be on 360. pc games should stay pc, plus its gonna be a pain in the ass moving this and that with the 360 controller
I dont see the issue myself. Besides console gamers get two joysticks to use so you can be say moving the camera and selecting at once or something. I think itd be fairly intuitive to play a on console assuming you dont rely too heavily on shortcut keys.

I dont see the issue myself. Besides console gamers get two joysticks to use so you can be say moving the camera and selecting at once or something. I think itd be fairly intuitive to play a on console assuming you dont rely too heavily on shortcut keys.

Eh..

PC>360 on this one.

Yeah well if you're going to be a serious competitive player, then using a controller is out of the question. Hot keys are everything.

well competitive against who? If your playing other console owners which I assume you are (i dont believe 360 players will be playing PC ones in this title) then theres no less or more of an advantage since they have the same keypad as well.

I do acknowledge mouse + keyboard is superior, I'd use it but thats not to say the joypad wont work and cant work well.

Eh..

PC>360 on this one.

Did I say otherwise?

I'm a PC gamer by far, but I have to say the first time I played C&C was on the PSX and although the PC version was far superior, there was nothing wrong with the PS version in my opinion. Even Red Alert (and especially retaliation) were frigging awesome.

but I have to say the first time I played C&C was on the PSX and although the PC version was far superior, there was nothing wrong with the PS version in my opinion. Even Red Alert (and especially retaliation) were frigging awesome.

Same here, I first started playing C&C on the Playstation, and the controls suited me fine, i loved those games to bits, But I'm sure they would of found a control scheme that works well.

Didn't people moan about Battle for middle earth being on a console but the control scheme worked for that?