Make Your Own Phone Ring...

I remember long ago dialing *(SOMETHING) and then my own phone number and hanging up...A few seconds later the phone would ring and 2 people could pick up. There would be a buzz that's not heard of in any other phone mode but you could hear one another. Pretty neat to **** your parents off though by calling your own house when you're in the house...Or maybe one's out in the yard w/ a cordless and you can call one another. Anyone remember the *(SOMETHING)?

The way I do this, and other stuff like making the talking clock phone you is by doin this: (UK only)

Dial 123 (talking clock) and have a quick chat.

Press RECALL on your phone (or just r - not REDIAL!) You will hear a dial tone

Put the phone back on the hook. It will ring.

Let someone answer it, and they will hear the clock!

Just shows how sad i am lol...

XgD

i know i use 955+ the last four digits of my phone number, then hang up right away, then pick up 2 secs later, listen for a weird tone, then hang up. about 5 secs later, the phone rings and it's the same weird tone. that's how it works for me in Ohio

i know i use 955+ the last four digits of my phone number, then hang up right away, then pick up 2 secs later, listen for a weird tone, then hang up. about 5 secs later, the phone rings and it's the same weird tone. that's how it works for me in Ohio

Damn, that wont work here :(

Prob cuz the first 3 digits of my phone number are 955 :D

same here. i used to do this all the time to payphones and poop when i was growing up. damn i look back at it now and it was ghey. but still funny. :laugh:

Yeah I used to do that here in Columbus with the pay phones in high school. It would ring forever until someone picked it up. It was stupid but we got a good laugh.

In New Zealand, you press 137 and hang up, then the phone will ring, and sound just like any other call.

and 136 makes the phone keep rining, ie no gap between the groups of rings

I never did such things when I was a kid. I alwayus stayed out of trouble, however we used to have some freaky touch lamsps and som intercoms I found out that if I had the intercom plugged in and turned on and I hit the page button on it the lamps would turn on and off. that freaked my parents out :)