Eto'o 'Barca Bust up'

BARCELONA were plunged into total chaos last night as Samuel Eto?o branded coach Frank Rijkaard a ?bad person? and warned Ronaldinho to shut up.

Three times African Player of the Year Eto?o ? now a sure non-starter against Liverpool next week ? also slammed Barcelona as a club divided by a vicious civil war and blasted those who want him to apologise for refusing to come on in the 2-0 win over Racing Santander on Sunday.

Barca striker Eto?o, 25, ranted that Rijkaard ?is a bad person for coming out in a press conference claiming that I refused to play.? Ronaldinho also got it in the neck from a furious Eto?o who added: ?It really pi**ed me off that a team-mate should poke his nose in and claim I need to think more about the team.

?It is him who needs to think more about the group!

?We have the guy considered the best player in the world but he needs to:laugh:e I?m above him.? :laugh:

Source

I would think that last line is more a problem with his English rather than him actually being that arrogant. I don't see what the problem is, he has been injured for a while and after warming up refused to come on as a sub because he didn't feel match fit... surely that's a good thing. Hopefully a move to the premiership is in the back of his mind if it is as bad as the media are making out.

Eto'o said that he refused to play because he hadn't "warmed up" enough. He said that his knee wasn't still in perfect shape and that he had to start the warming up at least 15 minutes before anybody else or something. He hadn't and that's why he refused to play. And he doesn't give a **** about what people say. (This I've read in a spanish newspaper :p)

ETO'O HINTS AT ARSENAL MOVE

Samuel Eto'o has hinted he would like to join Arsenal after his future was plunged into doubt at Barcelona.

The Cameroon striker launched an astonishing attack on Barca boss Frank Rijkaard and team-mate Ronaldinho before admitting he would love to play under Arsene Wenger in the Premiership.

He said: "I love Wenger, he is one of the best coaches in the world.

"I could have played for Arsenal some years ago. I would have loved to have had Wenger as my coach."

Eto'o could be set to leave the Catalan club following a series of disputes with Rijkaard, who accused the forward of refusing to come on as a substitute against Osasuna last weekend.

According to reports in Spain, Eto'o did not attend training on Monday and he spoke to the media on Tuesday to deny Rijkaard's claims.

"Whoever came out in a press conference and said I refused to play is a bad person," he fumed.

"I've always thought about the group (first) and I've always trained with the group. If anybody has balls, they should tell it to me face-to-face."

As well as criticising Rijkaard, he also spoke about comments reportedly made by his Barcelona team-mate Ronaldinho, saying: "If a player comes out and says I should think about the group, then he should think about the group."

He later added: "If a team-mate is upset with me, then they can say so to my face. I wasn't the one who broke the laws of the dressing room. If I have something to say, I always say it inside the dressing room."

The rift could pave the way for Wenger to launch a raid for the striker in the summer, especially if unsettled club captain Thierry Henry decides to quit the club.

Source

:D

It is highly unlikely that Arsenal will be able to afford him. A player of his class will go for something like 30 or 40 million quid, he will probably end up at Chelsea

Yeah he wouldn't go on the cheap unless Arsenal could arrange something with Barca...

Yeah he wouldn't go on the cheap unless Arsenal could arrange something with Barca...

For Henry... can't believe i said that :laugh:

It is highly unlikely that Arsenal will be able to afford him. A player of his class will go for something like 30 or 40 million quid, he will probably end up at Chelsea

hes a problem to Barca, effectively like a player with a running out contract. He absolutely hates Chelsea :D

For Henry... can't believe i said that :laugh:

lol, wouldn't happen, definitely not in the near future. Henry and his family like their life in London and he is happy at Arsenal.

I still do not think Barca will sell him. I would say after Ronaldinho he is Barca's most important player, you can see that first hand because Barca have been crap since he got injured.

You say that like they can't afford to replace him with literally ANY striker in the world.

You say that like they can't afford to replace him with literally ANY striker in the world.

You will be hard pressed to find a better striker than Eto'o who would fit into Barca's system. The only person I could think of would be David Villa, but why replace something when you do no need to, I do not think Eto'o would demand to leave Barcelona anyway, I think these events have just been blown out of proportion.

Villa would be a great acquisition for any team whether its in Spain or England but I just cant see Barca selling Eto'o...was just trying to think of their other strikers...thought of Maxi Lopez...he was a bench warmer last season but he couldn't fill the shoes of Eto'o...

MADRID (AFP) - Real Madrid keeper Iker Casillas has said if Barcelona were in crisis following the controversial comments of Barcelona star Samuel Eto?o then Real Madrid were really in trouble.

Barcelona?s three-time African footballer of the year Samuel Eto?o criticised coach Frank Rijkaard and Brazilian team-mate Ronaldinho on Tuesday after the Dutch coach said in a post-match press conference the Cameroonian had refused to come on as a substitute in Sunday?s 2-0 victory over Racing Santander.

Eto?o was also upset at post-match comments by Ronaldinho that he should be more of a team player.

Casillas said on Thursday there were problems in all football dressing rooms.

"This is more of a media affair than a player?s one," Casillas said. "There are problems in every dressing room."

He refuted the idea that there was a crisis at Barcelona, who top the Spanish league by three points from Sevilla. "If Barcelona are in crisis, then we have really fallen off the edge," he joked. "Their crisis makes me laugh."

Real Madrid, who have lost seven times in the league this season, are in third spot, five points behind league leaders Barcelona.

<:laugh:laugh:

Cameroon's Samuel Eto'o has been left out of Barcelona's squad for Sunday's league match with Valencia.

The striker's absence is reportedly unconnected with his criticism of coach Frank Rijkaard on Tuesday.

Eto'o was said to have been angered by the Dutch coach's claims that the striker refused to play as a substitute in Barca's win over Racing Santander.

It has been reported Eto'o asked to be omitted from Sunday's squad because his right knee is still weak.

The striker was sidelined for four months after picking up a knee injury during a Champions League match at Werder Bremen.

The 26-year-old made his return towards the end of Barcelona's 0-0 draw with Osasuna on 4 February.

Eto'o has been replaced in the 18-man squad for the game at Valencia's Mestalla stadium by Iceland's Eidur Gudjohnsen.

The match comes three days before Barcelona continue their Champions League title defence against Liverpool.

He is being rested apparently Rappy, as he wants to play against us :p!

"Eto'o has told me he feels his fitness is improving but that he would prefer to stay in Barcelona to continue working to achieve his peak form," said manager Frank Rijkaard.

"He wants to have the best fitness possible ahead of the Champions League clash with Liverpool."

Eidur Gudjohnsen is set take Eto'o's place on the bench against Valencia with Javier Saviola likely to continue up front.

He is being rested apparently Rappy, as he wants to play against us :p!

he he :p

You just hope he doesn't re-hit his form when he plays you!!!

I think is goin to be hard for barca to score on Liverpool . Todays game they were dominant and couldn't score hopefully

eto and messi play a full game.