• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

ATI or Nvidia?

dj1s    0
The latest drivers are WHQL for Nvidia card, and in a month they will be up to performance.

Based on what? NVidia WHQL driver (100.65) is a total joke. NVidia's Vista drivers underperform in everything, and contain very little of the functionality found in their XP drivers (extremely basic control panel). NVidia's had access to Vista for a long time, and the driver's they've put forth thus far in no way show that a month from now things will be any better.

rajputwarrior    280
Based on what? NVidia WHQL driver (100.65) is a total joke. NVidia's Vista drivers underperform in everything, and contain very little of the functionality found in their XP drivers (extremely basic control panel). NVidia's had access to Vista for a long time, and the driver's they've put forth thus far in no way show that a month from now things will be any better.

yup, and that is the main reason i am picking up a x1950 pro

UncleSpellbinder    17
omg who really cares? you guys would actually pay $400+ for a video card? you can spend your money way better...

* First: MANY quality Vista/Aero capable video cards fall between (U.S)$80.00 - (U.S.)$120.00). A few, even less.

* Second: Many high end gamers need (and are more than willing) to pay as much as (U.S.)$400.00. Got a problem with that?

* Third: "Who really cares"?????? I suspect that you don't by the tone of your post. So why the hell post a useless comment like that which really helps nobody except maybe your idiotic ego.

drumthrasher109    0
* First: MANY quality Vista/Aero capable video cards fall between (U.S)$80.00 - (U.S.)$120.00). A few, even less.

* Second: Many high end gamers need (and are more than willing) to pay as much as (U.S.)$400.00. Got a problem with that?

* Third: "Who really cares"?????? I suspect that you don't by the tone of your post. So why the hell post a useless comment like that which really helps nobody except maybe your idiotic ego.

$400???? do you know what you can do with $400? thats crazy paying for some plastic and, idk what its made of. thats literally outrageous.

UncleSpellbinder    17
$400???? do you know what you can do with $400? thats crazy paying for some plastic and, idk what its made of. thats literally outrageous.

Cadillac or Chevrolet. Ford or Lincoln. It's all a matter of what you want and what you want to pay for.

El-Diablo    0

it may not suite you to spend 400 or more dollars on a video card, but avid gamers, and 3D people need those kind of video cards. If you just surf the internet you'd be a freakin idiot to buy a video card like that. it is your opinion but it is flawed.

Morpheus Phreak    0

The one thing that's made me smile throughout all of this is all of the nVidia people who kept bashing on ATI's drivers are finally seeing who really makes the higher quality drivers.

drumthrasher109    0

whateva yallz wants.

nvidia's drivers are just fine, at least the new beta's are perfect.

ObiWanToby    35

ATI, great driver support, and great hardware. Vivo is great.

drumthrasher109    0

oooh owned wow! nobody owned nothin.

the drivers work just fine for me.

El-Diablo    0

Fine for you, but they aren't PERFECT like you stated :p

drumthrasher109    0

a little more help then it would be perfect; nvidia is still da shiz. they make better products.

whateva yallz wantz.

UncleSpellbinder    17
a little more help then it would be perfect; nvidia is still da shiz. they make better products.

whateva yallz wantz.

Yo bro. Not all dat, really. From what I be readin', ATI got da betta drivaz. :whistle:

drumthrasher109    0

So what if they have a better driver? nVidia will eventually perfect it soon. They still have better products.

Obama '08...LMAO!!! :) :) :) He shouldn't even be running.

UncleSpellbinder    17
So what if they have a better driver? nVidia will eventually perfect it soon. They still have better products.

Obama '08...LMAO!!! :) :) :) He shouldn't even be running.

ATI function better, as of now. I honestly would prefer Nvidia, but with all the driver crap, it's not worth the hassle. I will end up using Nvidia, though. :laugh:

OBAMA in '08 all the way, dude. You've entered a "no republican zone" with me. BTW...........ANYBODY but Hilary.

drumthrasher109    0

lol i agree with the hilary thing.

Island Dog    53

I have always used ATI, but I just recently bought an Nvidia card for Vista, and it's running great on the latest drivers.

:)

Tech Star    254

I am currently running nVidia and I am loving it. :)

drumthrasher109    0

see at least some people are having fun with their nvidia cards.

wow i'm suprised ps3's didn't reach over 2 million yet. they are very pricy though...