Writting Brushed Metal Applications

After reading just about every peice of information about cocoa I can find, I'm still left wondering about brushed metal applications. Those are the applications like iChat, iCal, QuickTime that have that metalic look rather than the standard aqua look. Are there any books that discuss the guidelines for creating this kind of application or possibly some good tutorials?

I'm more interested in the style guides but any API information would be nice too.

If you are just wondering how to implement the brushed metal look into your application, it is as easy as just checking the "Textured Window" box in Interface Builder (Part of Dev tools):

Brushed.jpg

This does change the behavior of the window a little bit. Maybe check the developer section over at apple.com for more info on brush metal applications.

After reading just about every peice of information about cocoa I can find, I'm still left wondering about brushed metal applications.  Those are the applications like iChat, iCal, QuickTime that have that metalic look rather than the standard aqua look.  Are there any books that discuss the guidelines for creating this kind of application or possibly some good tutorials?

I'm more interested in the style guides but any API information would be nice too.

are you just looking for a way to make carbon programs instead of cocoa ones? (cos ichat and ical are cocoa while itunes and quicktime arent cocoa, they are carbon)