True or False (DLP = lag)

i have a toshiba 56hm66 dlp and i have my xbox/360/ps2 etc hooked up with component cables going through one of those multiple input switchers from gamestop and a ps3 w/ hdmi and i havent experienced any lag on any of my systems and i dont even have the game mode setting turned on...i have heard of people saying that some do have lag but i dont know if its much of a problem with newer sets expecially ones with special game modes

I know for a fact that some DLP's lagged, at least the older generation models.

A friend of mine who works at BB hooked up the 360 to the newer Samsung generation models that have game modes, and said the lag effect has been vastly improved upon. It only gets better with time.

Even some of the newer ones do. Best way to check it out is to head to your local store because they usually play the same thing on all their tvs, so watch during drastic changes (ie a black picture to white picture) and you will be able to see the delay present in dlp compared to that of LCD or Plasma.

My friend's PS2 lagged tremendously (on Composite) when playing on my Samsung DLP. We couldn't play Gitaroo-Man, sadly. Component doesn't have any problems though. Neither does DVI or HDMI.

My friend's PS2 lagged tremendously (on Composite) when playing on my Samsung DLP. We couldn't play Gitaroo-Man, sadly. Component doesn't have any problems though. Neither does DVI or HDMI.

480i on any HD display is horrible. :| Never ever.

At a guess I'd day this is because with compsite, your sending an SD signal..so the TV has to upscale/process the image. This could introduce a little lag. But at native HD resoluitions...no scaling required.

Not sure about DLP's and which models, but my Bravia 3LCD RPTV has a 'game mode'...although I cant tell any difference with it on or off.

Either way I will be hooking it up using HDMI

- Quoting myself

Is the Component HD/AV Cable that comes with the premium system just as good as HDMI cables? (Does the 360 even support HDMI cables?)

- Quoting myself

Is the Component HD/AV Cable that comes with the premium system just as good as HDMI cables? (Does the 360 even support HDMI cables?)

Component is perfectly fine. There's no HDMI currently available.

The lag usually stems from running older systems at 480i where the set needs to upscale it to it's native res before displaying it. Such an intensive process takes time and slows things down. Newer HD systems won't have this problem at all.