A Beautiful Thing

For those of you who are interested, I wanted to share a QuickTime video a friend showed me last night. It's really something. The union of music and picture here is nothing short of artistically mesmerizing and emotionally powerful, but that's just my opinion. I'm posting this not for feedback nor discussion, but because I know there are some members of Neowin that would find this worthwhile.

[!] PLEASE BE ADVISED that the theme to this video is homosexual in nature. If you have a problem with that, then I respectfully suggest that you not view the video. The last thing I want to result from posting is for this thread to become another debate on the finer points of science and morality. So please, do us all a favor and spare us the rhetoric. I guarantee you everyone has heard it all before.

Bear in mind I took the time to warn you of potentially "offensive" material. That's because I respect people's right to their own standards and values. However, said values are relative. As such, we all have the same right to define them for ourselves. All I ask is that you please show the same respect by not making me regret having posted this in the first place.

Sigur R?s - Vidrar Vel Til Loft?r?sa

"Nice Day for an Airstrike" by Sigur R?s. (Assuming my translation is correct.)

I saw this along time ago, it might have been MTV that aired it. You are right, it's brilliant :)

Regardless of the theme, theres nothing offensive. This is a music video taken to a higher level

it is a work of art..period.

I forgot about this clip, thanks for posting it.

Blaise

Sigur R?s RULE!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

They are an amazing band.

I saw them live in New York city and it was one of the best concerts I have ever been too :yes::

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(The video is different from the norm, sets the song beautifully though)

Not to start this into a flame thread or anything, but I guess I don't see how two little boys kissing is beautiful :blink:

I don't have anything against gays (although I think it's somewhat unnatural to go against nature and go for someone of the same sex) but I guess I don't see what's beautiful about boys kissing. I suppose finding someone you truely like/love is the best thing in the world...even if homosexuality is the way you find it :wacko: . Very nice music though.

Not to start this into a flame thread or anything, but I guess I don't see how two little boys kissing is beautiful :blink:

I don't have anything against gays (although I think it's somewhat unnatural to go against nature and go for someone of the same sex) but I guess I don't see what's beautiful about boys kissing. I suppose finding someone you truely like/love is the best thing in the world...even if homosexuality is the way you find it :wacko: . Very nice music though.

Take it as you will; I'm not trying to make a statement on behalf of homosexuals. Either way, I'm glad you got something out of it. I did. :rolleyes:

Take it as you will; I'm not trying to make a statement on behalf of homosexuals. Either way, I'm glad you got something out of it. I did. :rolleyes:

Appreciate the Music, people!!!!!!!! :yes:

See what it says to you. Whatever message the video gives, take it as it is. ;)