[Help] External Hard drive restricted to read in Mac

I have a Mac Mini that I recently bought for my father. Although it is for him, I use it from time to time for occasional use. The problem is that I cannot copy any files to my external hard drive. The minute I try, a pop up will appear stating that the hard drive is limited to read. My USB thumb drive works perfectly in Windows and Mac so I am at a lost as to why this is happening to my external hard drive. I have tried to format the hard drive but Disk Utility will freeze at a certain point and I have to format it back in Windows for me to use it.

I have also read on the internet that you can give permission for Mac to write files to it but I'm unsure as to how to do it. I am still new at using a Mac so every help that can be given would really be appreciated :blushing: . Thank you.

Scirwode

Actually, it's FAT32 so that's why I'm really stumped.

Scirwode

Actually, it's FAT32 so that's why I'm really stumped.

Scirwode

It seems I'm out of luck as I've had no luck with it getting to work. I'm going to try and format it in Mac OS X and see if it works. Hopefully it will so I can get both to work on my PC and Mac. Anyone else care to help me with my problem please or have something better in mind?

Scirwode