How to change Welcome/Logon Screen resolution

At boot, when the logon screen appears the screen

resolution (800x600) is lower then the maximum possible (1280x800 default). After logon, the

display resolution auto switches to max. possible.

take a look at this video .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnN54e1LMoY

Where can I change the logon/welcome screen resolution?

Edited by oat_con88

resolution (800x600) is lower then the maximum possible (1280x800 default). After logon, the

If you`ve got a notebook you can ask it not to stretch the image in BIOS. Otherwise probably some similar settings in your monitor`s OSD menu.

May be u mean that how to change Bootscreen to get higher resolution there is a very simpel tweak Read it here:

Change vista Boot screen:

http://mahmood1.com/boot.aspx

May be u mean that how to change Bootscreen to get higher resolution there is a very simpel tweak Read it here:

Change vista Boot screen:

http://mahmood1.com/boot.aspx

Wow that sooooooooo has nothing to do with this thread.

You should try to set the resolution by the video card maker's utility program such as the Catalyst Control Center for ATI cards. Those reset the resolution every boot to your desired settings.

• 1 month later...

I think the logon screen's resolution is related to the administrator's account's resolution. I remember coming across this problem in XP when I changed the resolution in the admin account and then back in my account I had the higher resolution but the logon screen was still a lower one. I later realised this also applies to the cursor scheme that appears in the logon screen.

• 10 months later...

baskingridge's post earlier led me to investigate this issue after I started having the same problem suddenly.

This is an older post and has probably been resolved by the poster, but I wanted to add what helped me with this minor annoyance just so it might help anyone else with this problem that should come across this forum.

It seems that an ATI's Catalyst Control Center setting caused this on my system because my LCD screen on my laptop was not set as the primary display.

This was not the real cause however, because under "Notebook Panel Properties" (in my case w/ATI CCC 2007.1220) there is a setting for "Scaling Options". Selecting "Full Screen" solved this problem for me, however, before I could even have the option to select "Full Screen", I had to first go to "Displays Manager" and change the "Main" Display to my laptop LCD. A television was previously set to "Main" and my PC's LCD screen was set to "Clone".

(Note that in earlier versions of Catalyst Control Center, "Primary/Secondary" substitued "Main/Clone" and used an "Enable/Disable" button on each display shown. Furthermore 2 buttons were shown per display to set each for "Primary or Secondary")

In the latest CCC version (2007), by right clicking one of the 2 displays shown and selecting "swap display mapping" to bring the PC LCD to the "Main" box, I was able to change the "Scaling Options" to "Full Screen" under "Notebook Panel Properties", and thus solve the problem with the "Welcome Screen Resolution".

-powruser