How to keep your window size?

Is there a way to keep your window size the same each time you open it? What I mean is when I open Windows Explorer it is always a small window. I like to resize it so I still have the glass effect because when you maximize it the title bar goes black. But each time I open it it is never the way it was when I closed it. Is there anything I can do to keep it the size it was when I close it?

If this has been asked and answered I'm sorry. I did look but could not find anything.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Darth.

I have mine a specific size and it always opens up that size. Just open one window, resize it how you want, then close and reopen it. It should still be that size when you open it.

I have mine a specific size and it always opens up that size. Just open one window, resize it how you want, then close and reopen it. It should still be that size when you open it.

It should be, but it's not. Do I need to hold a keyboard key at the same time I am closing it??? Anything at all??? I'm reaching here I know....

Thanx.

There might be an option somewhere that changes the setting. Not sure for explorer but I know for some software you have to enable the option to remember last position and size.

Cheap hack is to set it where you want and close it. Reopen it and it'll be the same size. Open the registry and find where the window settings are. Set the permissions on that key so there is no write access. It'll stay then. :)

Cheap hack is to set it where you want and close it. Reopen it and it'll be the same size. Open the registry and find where the window settings are. Set the permissions on that key so there is no write access. It'll stay then. :)

As for the registry setting I will take a look and see if I can find anyhing, but the close and reopen does not work.

Thanx for the hep.

Darth.

Hit Shift when you hit the close button.

Yup,.. or close the window via the menu -> select the folder -> press and release Alt -> File -> Close

This might be the same for you, Darth, but I don't know. The problem for me is that if I open say Documents, resize it and then close it and reopen it, it will be the same size, however if i do the same and then open Pictures rather than reopening Documents, it'll be different from the size I specified... I fixed this by opening all the start menu windows and resizing them and then closing them all.

The shift key DID work, but for some reason only AFTER I went into "folder options" and unchecked "remember each folder view settings" then I closed explorer, opened it again and then checked "remember each folder view settings" again, held shift and now they all stay the size I want them to.

Thank you one and all for your help. This is my first time here at this forum and I can see I'm really going to like it.

Have a great day!

Darth. :D