Setting up Wireless connection (PS3)

After trying to get my PS3 to connect to my network for several hours I am hoping to find some help. I have a D-link DGL-4300 Wireless router with a WPA-TKIP wireless network going. Now when I try to connect my PS3 to it (60gb so it has the built in wi-fi) it does not work. It always takes a while saying things like "connecting to access point" and "exchanging key information" but in the end it always times out, signal strength is 100%. After thinking that maybe it was broken I set up a WEP wireless network and it connects to it fine.

I would much rather use WPA than WEP, I think part of the problem is entering the WPA password which is like 60 characters long! and the PS3 makes everything a little * so its hard to tell if I typoed or not. Is there anyway to load my key from a flash drive or memory card or something? Is there anything I can try to get the wireless working? Thanks! :)

Edit: I forgot to mention that there are several laptops that are connected successfully to the WPA network (I am posting from one now).

hey,

I know that it sounds funny but i was working on my wireless and my password in my router had a mix of Caps and Small letters and Numbers, and i could not connect, so i went to all small letters and numbers and now it works fine.

Hmmm mine has caps and lower case as well, I would rather not change it (because then I have to go around and update it for all my other computers) but if that is the only way then I guess I will. I will try it in the morning, thanks.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Did you ever get it working?

I have had a problem when setting up my wireless connection to my PS3,

I scanned for my local network which it found, then i put in my WEP code,

Then it starting connecting but came up with an error saying "there was a problem with the LAN security settings"

Does anyone know how i solve this dilemma

My brother is having some weird issues. He's bought a Linksys router to work with his SBC DSL, so he could connect up his PS3 (which is in the same room).

However, it seems that once he gets the PS3 all up and running, the router completely loses all internet connection (including to his PC, which is hooked directly in over Ethernet).

Anyone have any similar issues?

• 3 months later...
After trying to get my PS3 to connect to my network for several hours I am hoping to find some help. I have a D-link DGL-4300 Wireless router with a WPA-TKIP wireless network going. Now when I try to connect my PS3 to it (60gb so it has the built in wi-fi) it does not work. It always takes a while saying things like "connecting to access point" and "exchanging key information" but in the end it always times out, signal strength is 100%. After thinking that maybe it was broken I set up a WEP wireless network and it connects to it fine.

I would much rather use WPA than WEP, I think part of the problem is entering the WPA password which is like 60 characters long! and the PS3 makes everything a little * so its hard to tell if I typoed or not. Is there anyway to load my key from a flash drive or memory card or something? Is there anything I can try to get the wireless working? Thanks! :)

Edit: I forgot to mention that there are several laptops that are connected successfully to the WPA network (I am posting from one now).

i have been trying to connect to a wirless connection with my ps3 and am not having any luck so i grabed the lab top to see if i could get its wirless information out of it and i got the ip adress and some other information so i typed it in and i got passed the ip adress accepted but when it came to internet connection it was timed out so i think im having the same problem you were having how did you figure out what your wep code was and what can i do to figure out what the wep code is for me if its not the same if you could let me know i would greatly appricate it.