laptop bags

im gonna be starting school soon so i was wondering if anyone new what kinda of bags i could get to put my laptop in. i want 1 of those mail messenger kinda bags, anyone know of any good bags like that i could get. 1 with good padding and enough pockets for my papers and pens and all that other stuff.

I am afraid I can't help you with the bag you want but I do have a suggestion - a good rucksack and maybe one of these to protect the laptop...

Neoprene slip case

I suggest this because:

1) Traditional laptop bags are bad for your back: they put all the weight on one side. I find satchel bags really uncomfortable if there is too much weight in the bag i.e. with a heavy laptop. If you are walking around lots with the bag it could get miserable.

2) A "laptop bag" screams "I have a laptop, come steal it!". I personally could not risk this because I have to get four buses a day and I don't live in a safe little paradise.

If you have a car and won't have to walk far with the laptop, then I guess that could cancel out both of those factors. ^